WTF Planned Parenthood

• I'm a supporter of choice, even though I would never ask any partner of mine to have an abortion.

But this is beyond the pale...

Seriously fucked up commercial

Absinthe makes the tart grow fonder.

Celebrating those happy times when the penis is an internal organ.

• Well, if you spit your tobacco out, and MISSED the bucket, then you have, in fact, gone beyond the pail

If politicians only got paid according to their district's economic success, there would be no more Democrats.

• Thing about that ad? I mean lots of things but.... that baby would last about a day on the adoption market before some rich barren couple would snatch it up. and.... death is the only alternative?

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Truth is most families used to raise kids that got born out of wedlock. The negro family totally disintegrated and that changed everything. But negros get far more abortions per capita than anyone else. PP seems..... racist.

lazs

• Lowell Dunn painted that on the side of a 53ft trailer and parked it within clear visibility of the turnpike on his own land and was sued to make him remove it. They motivated the entire county on one man over it.

• Hey it gives em something to do... keeps em busy. Adam Corolla said it best... do not take any shit from the left... never apologize. keep them hysterical. They only win when you apologize for the things they say about you.

Trump pretty much does this... he says so many things that piss em off they are constantly off guard.

lazs

• education yo...…………...

What's the meaning of the phrase 'Beyond the pale'?

Unacceptable; outside agreed standards of decency.

What's the origin of the phrase 'Beyond the pale'?

Firstly, let's get the spelling clear here. It's 'beyond the pale', and certainly not 'beyond the pail' - the phrase has nothing to do with buckets. The everyday use of the word 'pale' is as an adjective meaning whitish and light in colour (used to that effect by Procol Harum and in countless paint adverts). This 'pale' is the noun meaning 'a stake or pointed piece of wood', a meaning now virtually obsolete except as used in this phrase, but still in use in the associated words 'paling' (as in paling fence) and 'impale' (as in Dracula movies).

Beyond the paleThe paling fence is significant as the term 'pale' came to mean the area enclosed by such a fence and later just figuratively 'the area that is enclosed and safe'. So to be 'beyond the pale' was to be outside the area accepted as 'home'.

• https://www.smithsonianmag.com…eyond-the-pale-come-from/

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.