New games/DCS thread/forum

• Let's race. Just picked up WR7. I love it. Nah, fuck that .. It's really fucking good.

Project Cars 2, Ferrari's.

If you want a great game racer crash boomer, kinda by the same Projects, Next Car Game: Wreckfest. I have like 3 and one half hours in that bitch. Fuck Camaro.

Avoid Project Cars like the plague. Those devs like to ban people who report bugs on their game.

• Harrier released today, such as it is. Looks pretty good. No training missions yet, but there is a KC130 for air refuel ops, and an assault ship for naval ops.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Don't forget to log in every 4 days so one doesn't have to re-register your key.

Trump: “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” 3:01PM Nov. 8 2013

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" ~ Abe Lincoln

tRump is the Master of the Con with 70 years of practice/experience. It is sad that so many supposedly intelligent and educated people fall for his cons.

DJ Trump: while I support the Dems, if I ran I would run as a Republican because those people are easy to fool.

• Harrier released today, such as it is. Looks pretty good. No training missions yet, but there is a KC130 for air refuel ops, and an assault ship for naval ops.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

No training missions = lots of crash and burn?

• my landings in a F15c are getting better, last landing I only blew out one tire.

Are you working your way through the F15 Missions? There is one where you have to stay NOE on the ingress then climb and take out Russian AWACS while everything else on the map tries to kill you?

You can identify an unknown force by firing one shot and judging the response.

- If the unknowns respond with precise, regimented rifle fire, they are British.

- If they respond with heavy machinegun fire, they are German.

- If nothing happens for a few minutes, then your whole position gets leveled by artillery, they are American.

- If they surrender, they're French.

:littlered

• That Huey is drivin me nutz!

‘If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.’

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

• Are you working your way through the F15 Missions? There is one where you have to stay NOE on the ingress then climb and take out Russian AWACS while everything else on the map tries to kill you?

Missions? I'm still trying to get my head around the radar/missile procedures while I dodge incoming missiles. :biggrin

• I actually sat down and fiddled with DCS yesterday, couldn't get my CH pedals to map (it SEES them) CH manager says the actual PEDALS are its "Z" axis. (toe brakes must be x/y) In setup the game has a column for the CH combatstick, and a column for the pedals, but nothing you can try with the pedals has any effect. It AIN'T RIGHT flying a plane with a keyboard

• You can't use the map. DCS assigns all kinds of crap to the axis's so you need to go onto the controls and axis and delete a bunch of crap to get them to read correctly.

‘If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.’

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

• Yep, best way to proceed at first, and always in fact IMO, is to delete everything in the control assignments, just clear all of it. Then go and assign stuff after it's all gone, or you'll likely run into issues.

Been having fun with the Harrier, Spitfire as well. Last Steam Sale I bought the remaining WW2 stuff I didn't have, as it still uses the old copy protection so you can use the Steam CD keys for the normal desktop DCS 1.5/2 launchers by adding them to your account on the DCS homepage. I have the entire series now. Mirage and the Vig are next for me to mess with, the Gazelle too. Had a lot of fun showing my father the Huey in VR, he couldn't believe it, and wished his father was still alive to see it, after all the hours he had in Lancasters flying in them during the war, he loved flying even though he wasn't a pilot.

• I can see I'm gonna have to buy new controllers and shit.

Then will come the inevitable computer build...

This bloody investment mob better get their shit sorted out so I can afford all these new toys I'll be buying!

Absinthe makes the tart grow fonder.

Celebrating those happy times when the penis is an internal organ.

• Regarding controllers, I've been messing with the Virpil T50 since the Gunfighter from VKB was delayed. It's not a desktop stick, it has these clamp mounts like little elevator platforms that attach to your desk/table. The gimbal is hands down the most robust, accurate, high quality, and every other superlative, I've ever seen. If only TM had made the Warthog so well. Also, they just announced a new gimbal that will be a desktop sitter, probably because I've been bitching at them for 3 months to do so, as they did initially, but then abandoned it as the stick was just too high. I'm on the wait list for the new VKB Gunfighter which should be out on Friday (if they don't blow the release date...again), and it'll be interesting to see how it stacks up to this T50. They builders of both are known to one another and they look somewhat similar in terms of the Russian sticks, the bottom end, we shall see. I've also stuck the metal Warthog handle into the T50 base, a great way to go if you don't like plastic sticks, even high quality plastic.

New Hornet videos out today. Yay.

• New startup procedure video. Looking better and better, cannot WAIT for this one, Hornet, hopefully Tomcat in 2018 too...good times, lots of CV ops to come with these 2 + the new Harrier.

• Still can't land that fuckin Huey correctly.

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!