New games/DCS thread/forum

• Um... Jool is a gas giant and the sixth planet of the Kerbol star system. It is the Jupiter analog for Kerbal Space Program.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• The burn for capture on Kerbin is not a typo or glitch. Nor is the total DV left.

I built a ship with "Rocinante" engines. I think they are in the KSPIE mod. Almost fully upgraded, and this ship has 160,000 DV. So I used it as a rescue ship I had for a science station floating off in the middle of nowhere. It took me ~20K DV to get to the ship and rendezvous. Only took like 10 days for something somewhere around the Moho Orbit.

I didn't feel like orbiting back around the sun so I wondered what would happen if I aimed (almost) straight back for Kerbin. Took me 20 days to get back and a 24K DV to circularize.

This sucker pulls 4.5 G's of acceleration in space at full burn (5 at half fuel weight). One more upgrade (another 20K in science or so) and it should gain ~33% more thrust and maybe 20% more ISP. But no atmospheric flight.

As a shuttle, I made a new SSTO with crew bunks and refueling capabilities for the big ship. It runs off of liquid deuterium. Might try to see if I can set up a deuterium mining capability somewhere in the system.

I tried your autopilot mod. It made things way too easy. It was very easy to control and land and behaved exactly like it was on rails. Not sure if I like it.

• The AA mod doesn't do anything to the aerodynamics or atmosphere. It is only a control system, so if your space plane flies like it is on rails it is flying exactly how it should with a FBW system.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• It does allow you to make some pretty cool unstable or barely stable designs like flying wings and forward swept wings. I can't live without it...

• The AA mod doesn't do anything to the aerodynamics or atmosphere. It is only a control system, so if your space plane flies like it is on rails it is flying exactly how it should with a FBW system.

Yeah, but there's something exciting about banking over for a turn, and not knowing if your ship is actually going to turn in the direction you want or transform into a multi million dollar frisbee.

• Presenting the SupersonicSeaSpacePlane. For when you don't know what you want to do with your weekend!

Zq38xEM.png

I figured out that the Deuterium is extracted from the ocean on Kerbin or Laythe. So I modified some other people's designs to make it. At full thrust with everything burning and RCS'ing up, I can just get it out of the water. The original design used boxwings, so mine might not have enough lift to get out of the water on Laythe fully loaded.

• Installed KSP on my laptop... Career mode... This thing costs 100k but will get 5 Kerbals and a modest payload to anywhere in the Kerbin system in one stage. First test flight out of orbit. While testing stability at landing conditions there was a small snafu, but you know what they say about landings and walking away.

Oh, did I mention I liked flying wing designs?

The post was edited 1 time, last by GScholz ().

• It's a two-year-old Alienware 17 R4 with a GTX 1070 in it... It runs most games... tolerably.

• Installed KSP on my laptop... Career mode... This thing costs 100k but will get 5 Kerbals and a modest payload to anywhere in the Kerbin system in one stage. First test flight out of orbit. While testing stability at landing conditions there was a small snafu, but you know what they say about landings and walking away.

Oh, did I mention I liked flying wing designs?

Ah. I see you employed the Standard Lazs landing maneuver.

Which mod draws the virtual HUD on the world?

• How does Kerbal run on your Laptop Gscholz? Does it have a gaming video card in it?

Oh and KSP is far more CPU bottle-necked than GPU. My old 1070 is prolly just idling, but the i7 is struggling at times with all the visual mods.