Kavanaugh May Face 4th Sexual-Misconduct Allegation: Report FOLLOW JOIN LOG IN Benefits Overview Exclusive Content My Account Your Turn Log Out CHEAT SHEET POLITICS FULL ARTS AND CULTURE TECH HUNT FOR THE CURE SCIENCE SCOUTED TRAVEL ANOTHER?13 hours ago

• https://www.thedailybeast.com/…conduct-allegation-report

FOLLOW

JOIN LOG IN

Benefits OverviewExclusive ContentMy AccountYour TurnLog Out

CHEAT SHEETPOLITICSENTERTAINMENTWORLD NEWSHALF FULLARTS AND CULTUREU.S. NEWSTECHHUNT FOR THE CURESCIENCESCOUTEDTRAVEL

ANOTHER?

13 hours ago

Kavanaugh May Face 4th Sexual-Misconduct Allegation: Report

GettyImages-1027782112_1_f4gkz6

Drew Angerer/Getty

Maryland authorities confirmed Monday that they are aware of a potential second accusation of sexual assault in Montgomery County against Supreme Court Justice nominee Brett Kavanaugh, according to a report from The Sentinel. Authorities were extremely vague about the claims, which allegedly came from an anonymous witness and are said to concern Kavanaugh’s behavior during his senior year of high school. No complaints have been filed formally. “We are prepared to investigate if the victim wants to report to us,” Montgomery County Police Chief Thomas Manger told the paper, “and we can determine [if] it occurred in the county.” Manger told the Washington Examiner that his department does not have “any knowledge of anyone coming forward to us to report any allegations involving Judge Kavanaugh.”

If the alleged accuser does file a complaint, the Sentinel notes, it could bring the number of women accusing Kavanaugh to four: Christine Blasey Ford, Deborah Ramirez—whose allegations were revealed in another explosive New Yorkerpiece Sunday night—lawyer Michael Avenatti’s purported client, and the Montgomery County woman. After Ramirez’s allegations surfaced Sunday night, Kavanaugh once again denied any misconduct. “This alleged event from 35 years ago did not happen. The people who knew me then know that this did not happen, and have said so,” he wrote in a statement issued by the White House cited by the Sentinel. “This is a smear, plain and simple. I look forward to testifying on Thursday about the truth, and defending my good name—and the reputation for character and integrity I have spent a lifetime building—against these last-minute allegations.”

READ IT AT THE SENTINEL

1. ‘HORRIBLE, HURTFUL’

3 hours ago

Report: Kavanaugh Letter Signer Just Learned He Sexually Demeaned Her in Yearbook

kavkavkav_fyvce6

Drew Angerer/Getty

In Georgetown Prep's 1983 yearbook, Brett Kavanaugh and several other football players listed themselves as “Renate Alumni,” The New York Times reports, inan apparently crude reference to Renate Schroeder Dolphin, who attended a nearby Catholic high school at the time. Dolphin, one of 64 women who signed a letter earlier this month defending Kavanaugh's character after he was accused of sexually assault while in high school, told the Times that she was stunned by the yearbook references. “I don’t know what ‘Renate Alumnus’ actually means. I can’t begin to comprehend what goes through… the minds of 17-year-old boys who write such things, but the insinuation is horrible, hurtful and simply untrue,” Dolphin said. “I pray their daughters are never treated this way.” Kavanaugh's lawyer, Alexandra Walsh, told the newspaper that Dolphin and Kavanaugh were friends in high school and “shared a brief kiss” after a high school event. Dolphin told the Times that she doesn't recall kissing Kavanaugh. Kavanaugh's yearbook page also lists him as the “treasurer” of the “Keg City Club,” and reads “100 kegs or bust.”

READ IT AT NEW YORK TIMES

2. SHOUTED OUT

an hour ago

Ted Cruz Heckled Out of D.C. Restaurant: ‘We Believe Survivors!’

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) was forced out of the D.C. restaurant Fiola on Monday night by protesters denouncing his friendship with Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh. An activist group posted a video on Twitter showing Cruz and his wife being chased out of the restaurant by protesters chanting “We believe survivors!” At one point, a man tells Cruz that Beto O’Rourke, the Democrat running against him in November, is “way hotter” than him. Another asks if he will “confirm [his] best friend Brett Kavanaugh?” Cruz then tells the loud crowd “God bless you” and asks them to let his wife through. In a separate clip, a woman claiming to be his constituent asks him how he will vote on Kavanaugh’s confirmation and if he “believes survivors.” Cruz responds, “God bless you, ma’am.” Protesters also gathered outside Cruz’s Austin office earlier Monday to support Christine Blasey Ford and Deborah Ramirez, who have both accused Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct.

gn-d87qwx1rS-JMF?format=jpg&name=small

BOA6xmQi_normal.jpgSmash Racism DC@SmashRacismDC BREAKING. Activists just chased @TedCruz out of a fancy Washington DC restaurant, chanting “We Believe Survivors!”

Cruz has been friends with creep Kavanaugh for 20 years. Now Cruz is on judiciary committee hearing his testimony.

Fascists not welcome! #CancelKavanugh
    9:10 PM - Sep 24, 2018

Twitter Ads info and privacy

3. BYE-BYE

2 hours ago

Report: Instagram Co-Founders to Leave Company

Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger, co-founders of the Instagram app, have reportedly decided to leave the company over disagreements with Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg. Sources cited by Bloomberg on Monday night said the pair became aggravated with Zuckerberg’s growing day-to-day involvement in the company as he increasingly relies on Instagram to boost Facebook growth. Systrom and Krieger sold the photo-sharing network to Facebook for $1 billion in 2012. At that time, the app boasted 30 million users, while today it has more than 1 billion and serves as a main source of Facebook revenue. Zuckerberg issued a statement late Monday praising Systrom and Krieger as “extraordinary product leaders.” “I’ve learned a lot working with them for the past six years and I’ve really enjoyed it,” he said, adding that he’s looking forward to “seeing what they build next.” The two exits come after Jan Koum, founder of WhatsApp, another Facebook acquisition, announced that he was leaving the company over concerns of the parent company’s position on user data.

READ IT AT BLOOMBERG

Get The Beast In Your Inbox Our newsletters are delivered twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening. Daily Digest The best stories from our journalists

Cheat Sheet Everything you need to know today, from a variety of sources

SUBSCRIBE

By Subscribing I have read and agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

4. WTF

39 minutes ago

U.S. Soldier Gets 11 Years for Detonating ‘Chemical Bomb’ in National Forest

A U.S. soldier was sentenced to more than 11 years in prison on Monday for making and detonating a chlorine gas bomb in a national forest next to his Army base. Ryan Keith Taylor, 24, used a chemical weapon “banned under international and national laws because of its terrible effects on the human body” in the Kisatchie National Forest next to Fort Polk, according to U.S. Attorney David C. Joseph for the Western District of Louisiana. Taylor pleaded guilty to the charges over the summer and is said to have admitted to detonating the device before standing by to film it as fellow soldiers from his base rushed over. Taylor caused “injury to his fellow soldiers who responded to and investigated the incident,” Assistant Attorney General for National Security John C. Demers said in a statement. The injuries sustained by two military investigators who were exposed to residue from the device “effectively ended their military careers,” according to the Justice Department. In addition to 135 months in prison, Taylor also faces five years of supervised release.

READ IT AT THE WASHINGTON POST

5. ’80S REALNESS

a day ago

Vuarnet Brings Back Iconic Glasses for ‘Magnum P.I.’

You may or may not be looking forward to the new iteration of Magnum P.I., but you should look forward to Vuarnet bringing back its “Tom” sunglasses. Don’t know why? These were the style that Tom Selleck wore throughout his tenure as Thomas Magnum on the hit ’80s television show. The aviator-style acetate shades start at $290, with the classic brown-on-brown colorway at $310. The Tom exudes confidence, with a little bit of that slightly weird ’80s mystique that feels very right now. Now you can channel your Magnum P.I. (or Tom Selleck). Mustache not included.

Scouted is here to surface products that you might like. Follow us on Flipboard. Please note that if you buy something featured in one of our posts, The Daily Beast may collect a share of sales.

6. WOW

11 hours ago

White House: Rod Rosenstein and Trump Will Meet Thursday

President Trump and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein will meet Thursday, according to a statement from Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders. “At the request of Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, he and President Trump had an extended conversation to discuss the recent news stories,” the statement said. “Because the President is at the United Nations General Assembly and has a full schedule with leaders around the world, they will meet on Thursday when the President returns to Washington, D.C.” The announcement comes amid reports that Rosenstein headed to the White House Monday morning expecting to be fired. A source familiar with the matter told The Daily Beast that he “has not submitted a resignation and is still the Deputy Attorney General.” Last week, an explosive New York Times report included allegations that Rosenstein once floated the idea of secretly recording the president and discussed enlisting cabinet members to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove him from office. Rosenstein has vehemently denied the allegations.

READ IT AT TWITTER

7. IRL WINTERFELL

3 hours ago

‘Game of Thrones’ to Open Attractions in Northern Ireland in 2019

Several Game of Thrones sets in Northern Ireland will open to the public as tourist attractions next year, HBO announced Monday. USA Today reports that the Game of Thrones Legacy attractions may feature the sets of Winterfell (home of the Stark family), Castle Black (Night’s Watch headquarters), and Kings Landing (where the Iron Throne is located). The attractions will also feature “costumes, props, weapons and other production materials” from the series—including “state-of-the-art digital content and interactive materials” that will bring dragons and White Walkers to life. The series has finished filming its final season, and it will reportedly air in the first half of 2019.

READ IT AT USA TODAY

8. JUDGE WEIGHS IN

6 hours ago

Jeanine Pirro: Kavanaugh Accuser May Have Undergone ‘Hypnosis’

Fox News personality Jeanine Pirro on Monday claimed that hypnosis may have been involved in the sexual-misconduct allegations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh. “I’ve never seen so many repressed memory cases in my life, especially against one guy!” she said on The Five. “So the question is, if there’s something awry going on—was there hypnosis? Are they using confabulation?” Kavanaugh has been accused of sexually assaulting Christine Blasey Ford when they were in high school. In a New Yorker story publishedSunday, another woman accused Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct during a party at Yale University. He has denied the allegations.

9. WORD CHOICE

an hour ago

State Department Avoids Calling Rohingya Crisis ‘Genocide’ in Report

The State Department quietly released a report Monday blaming Myanmar’s military for atrocities against the Muslim Rohingya minority but avoided using terms with legal ramifications like “genocide” or “crimes against humanity.” Politico reports that while Reuters exclusively obtained the report ahead of its release, there was no “public rollout” or department news release to accompany it. The report, based on more than 1,000 interviews with Rohingya survivors, called the military’s attacks “well-planned and coordinated” and “seemingly geared toward both terrorizing the population and driving out the Rohingya residents.” The report also details how witnesses saw “soldiers throwing infants and small children into open fires or burning huts,” along with others being murdered and raped. Thousands of Rohingya were killed and 700,000 fled to neighboring Bangladesh as refugees. In contrast to the U.S. report, a United Nations panel declared that the country’s military leaders should be tried for “crimes against humanity and genocide.”

READ IT AT POLITICO

10. HORRIBLE

3 hours ago

Suspect Arrested in Connection With Los Angeles Homeless Beating Deaths

A man has been arrested in connection with the beating of a homeless man in Los Angeles, and police say the suspect is also connected to other fatal beatings of homeless men in the city. The Los Angeles Times reports 47-year-old Ramon Escobar was arrested after a homeless man was found severely beaten on Monday, leaving him critically injured. The Los Angeles Police Department said in a statement that it believes Escobar is also responsible for beating three other homeless people with a baseball bat in downtown Los Angeles last week. All three were attacked while sleeping and robbed. Two died of their injuries, and one was critically injured. The arrest comes after 39-year-old Steven Ray Cruze Jr. was killed after being beaten underneath Santa Monica Pier last week, although it is unclear whether police suspect Escobar of attacking Cruze.

READ IT AT LOS ANGELES TIMES

Kavanaugh Could Face 4th Sexual-Misconduct Claim: Report

CHEAT SHEET ®

NYT: Kavanaugh Sexually Demeaned Young Woman in His Yearbook

Ted Cruz Heckled Out of D.C. Restaurant

Report: Instagram Co-Founders to Leave Company

U.S. Soldier Gets 11 Years for Detonating ‘Chemical Bomb’

Vuarnet Brings Back Iconic Glasses for ‘Magnum P.I.’

White House: Rosenstein and Trump Will Meet Thursday

‘Game of Thrones’ to Open Attractions in N. Ireland in 2019

Jeanine Pirro: Kavanaugh Accuser May Have Been Hypnotized

State Dept. Report Avoids Calling Rohingya Crisis ‘Genocide’

Suspect Arrested in Los Angeles Homeless Beating Deaths

Ted Cruz Heckled Out of D.C. Restaurant: ‘We Believe Survivors!’ Kavanaugh Will Discuss Allegations in Fox Interview: Report This Teen Spent Six Weeks Adrift in the Pacific Ocean—and Survived

Recommended by

© 2018 The Daily Beast Company LLC

Advertise With Us

:buffalo:buffalo:buffalo:buffalo:buffalo:buffalo:buffalo:buffalo:buffalo:buffalo:buffalo

• I wonder how long this circus is going to go on? At least with Clarence Thomas it was just Anita Hill and not one reject after another. At some point the Republitards need to grab their cajones out of their boyfriends purses and say enough stupidity!

• I wonder how long this circus is going to go on? At least with Clarence Thomas it was just Anita Hill and not one reject after another. At some point the Republitards need to grab their cajones out of their boyfriends purses and say enough stupidity!

Hard to say... but I expect Thursday or Friday to be an inflection point.

After which it's gonna be a whole new act in the circus :thumbsup

• No witnesses. No police report.... almost 4 decades ago. woman can't remember details.

The demoncrats are going all in on this. It stinks of abject terror on their part. I honestly don't think they thought it would do this. They wanted a delay so he would not get on the Oct. session. They would have loved if somehow some credible witness who was not a whack job came out and actually had something on kavenaugh.l

Now they are looking like the party of whack jobs.

It is a phric victory tho. He will get confirmed and ginsburg is not looking good... He will be on in plenty of time for the whole attempted coup stuff to come out.

Any important case pending will just wait three months.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• So we can assume that you are done with the whole 'Escapegoat'shade?

• I imagine he'll be back. But my Clone is gonna be unavailable for a while. I'm guessing til early spring, but could be quite a bit longer depending on how things go. He's got a little while to stop in and see ya'll though before he's unavailable.

I'll keep you company in his absence tho :thumbsup

• A hoax of a hoax of a hoax huh? Not sure who I'm impressed *by*, but I am impressed :thumbsup

• That it was a hoax? Yeah, obviously.

That it was a hoax of a hoax?? That's just an unsubstantiated claim right now :biggrin

Or that is was a hoax of a hoax of a hoax? That's just my take on it :thumbsup

• What the left has done is polarized the nation. The issue now becomes do you stand for or against the constitution.

The distinction is not lost on most voters.

• Turns out there was supposedly a FIFTH person at the party, (a GIRL, as it happens) which Ford neglected to mention publicly, but she DID mention it to the Washington Post: (Can't understand why her people didn't want this woman contacted)

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/…tial-report-on-k-n2521715

Kimberley Strassel wrote:

Other problem: WaPo's reporting. Reporter has for a week had the names of those Ford listed as present. One is a woman. Yet it writes a story saying FOUR BOYS. Why? Maybe a mistake. But if so, why did WaPo never correct that narrative?

What, you can't find Keyser? She has lived in the DC area a long time. The paper had no trouble tracking down the other two men (btw, who also denied such party). And why not publish Keyser's name? It published the other men's names.

In its most recent update tonight, WaPo writes: "Before her name became public, Ford told The Post she did not think Keyser would remember the party because nothing remarkable had happened there, as far as Keyser was aware."

Wow. "Before her name became public, Ford told..." That is WaPo admitting that it had the name, and had Ford's response to what would clearly be a Keyser denial, but NEVER PUT IT OUT THERE. Again, why? A lot of people have a lot questions to answer.

Ah! Wait, didn’t she write that the therapist’s notes note it was four boys—and that the discrepancy was an error on the counselor’s part? Yep. So, what gives here? Also, Leland Keyser is in the D.C. area. Apparently, the Post had the names for days, but left out the girl and never corrected their story. Now, their story about the testimony games had this, which Strassel also cited in her thread:

Before her name became public, Ford told The Post she did not think Keyser would remember the party because nothing remarkable had happened there, as far as Keyser was aware."

So, Ford can’t remember how the party came about, how she got there, who owned the house, she did tell someone about this alleged encounter, and the witnesses to this supposed attempted assault have denied her story. Add in the fact that this is a 30-plus year allegation, yeah; this story has more holes than a slice of Swiss cheese. Also, even some liberals who are opposed to Kavanaugh are not comfortable using teenage antics as the sole basis to block nominees.

Also, Leland has come forward…and said that she doesn’t even know Brett Kavanaugh, and that she has no recollection of being at any party where he was present, with or without Ms. Ford (via NRO) [emphasis mine]

The Senate Judiciary Committee reached out to Leland Ingham Keyser, a friend of Christine Blasey Ford. Ford claims Kavanaugh pinned her to a bed when he was drunk, covered her mouth, and tried to remove her clothing at a party in the early 1980s when they were in high school.

Keyser’s lawyer, Howard Walsh, responded to the committee late Saturday in a written statement.

Simply put, Ms. Keyser does not know Mr. Kavanaugh and she has no recollection of ever being at a party or gathering where he was present, with, or without, Dr. Ford,” the attorney wrote.

Keyser — a lifelong friends of Ford’s according to Walsh — is the third individual to deny suggestions that they were at the alleged party. Mark Judge and Patrick J. Smyth have also issued statements rejecting Ford’s recollection.

My, oh my, this is getting messy…for Democrats. One could see why Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), who set all of this in motion by referring Ford’s letter, which her office received in July, to the FBI at the last minute. The timing was suspect; it was dropped when Kavanaugh’s confirmation as all but assured. It still may be, albeit on a rockier trajectory.

If politicians only got paid according to their district's economic success, there would be no more Democrats.

• Hirsute Jewesses begat Feminism, Feminism begat the #Metoo movement, the #Metoo movement replaced the American legal system.

These days having a cunt, or even an artificial cunt, makes you judge, jury, and executioner. Any accusation you make about evil white males is automatically believed by the nation's Kike-ifed rank and file.

• Here is the thing.... the death threats and harassment of all parties is bad.... but.........the real thing is perjury... a FELONY... no one wants to perjure themselves and go to prison to be a martyr for the left wing cause at this point. I suspect that Fords testimony is gonna be even more vague than what she has said so far in order to avoid the perjury trap.

The Repubs should be throwing the perjury word out there a LOT... they could say (and have a couple times) that they will prosecute Kavanaugh ..................or .......anyone else in this...........who committed perjury and that there will be an investigation AFTER the confirmation into any possible perjury.

lazs

• Yep.. that is what I was saying earlier. she will come up with a last minute excuse to not show. It better be a good one tho cause everything she says or does at this point looks really really thin if not transparent.

The word PERJURY needs to be out there more to keep this new trend of weaponizing sexual missconduct under control.

lazs

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.