Here, I hope this puts to bed all the self-serving bullshit

• I was stationed at Nha Be, 65 miles inland from Vung Tao and 15 miles South of Saigon. It was an international base, with Filiponos, ROCs, Aussies and everyone else. I was on a Mike boat, and among the stuff I hauled were Aussies and others going out for a night time patrol to prevent the VC from crawling to a river bank and shooting at maritime supply vessels heading to Saigon.

I was lucky... we'd drop them off at dusk, go back to our base and have a beer, then sleep between clean sheets.

The one thing that was universal was the fear and apprehension on the faces of whoever we dropped off- by then Agent Orange had defoliated almost everything so casualties were low, but still, it didn't matter if they were from Oz, or Detroit, or Seoul or anywhere else- they're fucking scared. Hell, I was scared and all we had to do was drop them off.

Other than that we hauled shit, smoked shit and drank shit- I was on one of these, but not this one.

Boat crew sharing C rations

• The guys coming up before me by just two or so years all served. It was a point of pride and most of us were happy to go.

I enlisted in 1973 with delayed entry so I could complete highschool and went to boot in 1974.

One guy served on river barges and monitors. He saw lots of action. He came back shot up. Hit in the chest missing some ribs and lung.

Anyway I was hoping for fast boat duty but the leftists threw in the towel before I could get in there. Born just a tad too late.

• LIES, NOTHING BUT ENVY DRIVEN AMERICAN LIES!!! ALL AUSSIES ARE UNBELIEVABLY BRAVE AND LAUGH AT DEATH BECAUSE THEY WERE BORN IN THE SAME COUNTRY AS ME!!!!!!

• And there lies the problem..................

Rock-Ribbed Capitalist

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

• My father is a two tour veteran of Vietnam.

He commanded 108 battery 4 field regiment.

Served one compulsory tour and volunteered for a second. He also enlisted voluntarily for service and wasn't one of the NASHOs

He doesn't talk about it.

Absinthe makes the tart grow fonder.

Celebrating those happy times when the penis is an internal organ.

• Depends of course. Before the vietnam war there were two sides there... I had never seen a vietnamese. did not want to.. after the war it was communist and now there is herds of the little yellow bastards invading our country.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Depends of course. Before the vietnam war there were two sides there... I had never seen a vietnamese. did not want to.. after the war it was communist and now there is herds of the little yellow bastards invading our country.

lazs

<sarc>If only you'd have let yourself be conscripted lazs.... You could have stopped the yellow peril in their tracks! </sarc>

Absinthe makes the tart grow fonder.

Celebrating those happy times when the penis is an internal organ.

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.