equifax says as many as 143.000.000 consumers hacked

• http://www.foxbusiness.com/mar…s-potentially-hacked.html

Equifax Inc, a provider of consumer credit scores, said on Thursday a hack exposed the personal details of potentially 143 million U.S. consumers between mid-May and July.

The company's shares were down 5.4 percent in after-market trading

The company said criminals had accessed details including names, social security numbers, and, in some cases, driver's license numbers.

In addition, credit card numbers of around 209,000 U.S. consumers and certain dispute documents with personal identifying information of around 182,000 U.S. consumers were accessed, the company said.

Equifax also said personal information of certain UK and Canadian residents were also hacked.

The Atlanta-based company it would work with UK and Canadian regulators to determine the next steps.

Equifax, which discovered the unauthorized access on July 29, said it had hired a cybersecurity firm to investigate the breach.

The company said there was no evidence of a breach into its core consumer or commercial credit reporting databases.

The breach could be one of the biggest in the United States.

Last December, Yahoo Inc said more than 1 billion user accounts was compromised in August 2013, while in 2014 e-commerce company EBay Inc had urged 145 million users to change their passwords following a cyber attack. http://reut.rs/2wMNxrT (Reporting by Yashaswini Swamynathan in Bengaluru; Editing by Sriraj Kalluvila)

No trees were killed in the posting of this bullshit, however, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mr No Name ().

• You watch your ass.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• I have mine locked up pretty tight, checked my rating with Credit Karma today just to be sure nothing got lit up without my knowledge, still in the solid mid 800s, nothing wrong. But, I do think a lot may get fucked. My xwife back in 2002, long before it being de rigueur to steal ID and open up shit, had 75k of high end furniture and electronics opened up in her name, from an employee of hers getting into her wallet, stealing some shit, then having an accomplice at the DMV print new ID cards with her pic and my wife's info. Cunt. Since then I've had mine locked down, which is a giant PITA so many times, but worth it in the end.

• I use Lifelock, so far so good. Every time I get a "hit" for someone checking my credit score or opening an account I get an email and a text message I have to respond to or they shut it down...

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

MNN on 11/14/19

fact is it is within a year of the election, the Senate will not allow him to appoint her successor. Nov 2020 he will lose.

• The Chinks got my shit from the OMB a few years ago when they grabbed the info from my dod clearance. NOW, looks like fucking Somalis or Pakis got my shit too

If politicians only got paid according to their district's economic success, there would be no more Democrats.

• Lock it up with whatever they use in the USA - Redwing's Lifelock or whatever. It isn't perfect, and is a PITA sometimes, but it gives some measure of protection and defense at least, which is better than wide open.

• I use small $500 limit credit cards online most of the time. Twice the wife's (which had a bigger limit) got hacked and both times it was shortly after buying from Babies R us website. last time someone trying to buy a one-way plane ticket to Paris. Mine has only been hacked once and that was a fake google play bill...

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

MNN on 11/14/19

fact is it is within a year of the election, the Senate will not allow him to appoint her successor. Nov 2020 he will lose.

• You could choose to be broke like me... They never fuck with my shit.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• I have mine locked up pretty tight, checked my rating with Credit Karma today just to be sure nothing got lit up without my knowledge, still in the solid mid 800s, nothing wrong. But, I do think a lot may get fucked. My xwife back in 2002, long before it being de rigueur to steal ID and open up shit, had 75k of high end furniture and electronics opened up in her name, from an employee of hers getting into her wallet, stealing some shit, then having an accomplice at the DMV print new ID cards with her pic and my wife's info. Cunt. Since then I've had mine locked down, which is a giant PITA so many times, but worth it in the end.

I have mine locked tight too after someone bought a gold ring in my name several years ago.

Climate warming has always been a good thing. When the climate gets warmer, life thrives on earth. Global warming has always been a good thing. I thank God for global warming. Climate alarmists are fucking retarded.

• Ethan Allen Furniture up here - gave the woman who stole my x wife's info 20k alone in credit, and that was just one of about a dozen places they hit and opened up cards and lines of credit. They had her face on a drivers license with my x wife's info, as they had a person who worked at a DMV outlet and could print up fake licenses for them (she was caught too and got a wrist slap basically, fraud and some other indictable (felony up here) charges but no jail time). It's amazing once you have a fake DL and another couple pieces of info/ID what you can open up if that person had good credit, and my x wife was in the 800s which is good up here back then. They had an apartment rented with the fake license, and got everything delivered there, so it looked legit to the stores - smart in a way so they thought, yet stupid as the apartment manager ID'd them for the cops and court once they got busted, which they didn't think about. My x wife back then was the national trainer/manager for Prizm brands, which owned Pepsi, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, and some other place, so she traveled a lot doing corporate BS for them, and sometimes would visit the same places often, and somebody figured out where she was leaving her purse during meetings (stupid), and stole her info

We only found out about it as we were getting a 2nd vehicle back then, and it came up on her credit file, the dealership finance person was like...uh, been on a spending spree this month or what, to which we said, no, we'd been saving to put 1/2 down on her new car in fact. Lucky, or it would have been worse, and they may have moved out of Province making catching them and charging them much harder.

I check my credit rating on CreditKarma all the time, even though I'm locked, I'm perpetually paranoid since 15 years ago having to jump through endless hoops and court dates to get it all straightened out. I have everything we need and don't need credit really either, cars and homes have been paid for for a bit now, have 2 credit cards each, I have a pre paid card I use for internet purchases, and I bet I use that card 10x more than my other one for gas/groceries and stuff like that for the air miles.

• Well that answers that.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• That has already been posted Razer.

Trump: “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” 3:01PM Nov. 8 2013

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" ~ Abe Lincoln

• Not by me it wasn't.

Didn't count.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• "And now allow me to play you one of my original compositions.

It's entitled 'there's a bomb in the piano under the High C Hammer, better run motherfuckers'.

And a oney and a twoey...

• LOL

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.