Drive-by shooters VS. homeowner with AR

• Balls of steel or just plain stupid, not sure which.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Prolly throwin the dude a party with doughnuts and coffee.

‘If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.’

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

• I imagine the cops want to know why three guys fired 40 rounds at him. There might be some questions about why he kept firing as they were driving away or... the dead driver was driving into a tree but that is probly minor.

Even the little .223 is plenty powerful to shoot through what passes for steel in newer cars.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Correct.

But a 7.62 will go through both doors.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• I have some 5.56 OTMRP rounds that do quite well...

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

MNN on 11/14/19

fact is it is within a year of the election, the Senate will not allow him to appoint her successor. Nov 2020 he will lose.

• apples and oranges murder. if it is twice as strong but a quarter as thick.... Also... it is not meant to be bullet proof strong...it is meant to be crumple zone strong. also layers.

lazs

• I have a bunch of AP for the Garand. That count?

‘If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.’

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

• No man. I'm building galvanized gates out of a tubing that is a little thicker than 1/16" mfg by century specifically for the fence industry. It's tough, welds beautifully and performs far better than astm153 sch-40.

• I have a Garand.. the ought six is gods gift to the semi auto .30 caliber. punch holes through half inch mild steel.

lazs

• 30 06 AP is nasty stuff, tested a bunch and some RUAG 308 175gr AP vs various steel and ceramic plates one day. Posted pics in the old board, along with the 75gr +++P 9mm vs 2, 3 and 3a soft vests - AP win, armor, lose, in a lot of cases. Some good ceramic plates will of course stop 30cal AP, but IMO AP is as much about barrier penetration, such as vehicles/etc, as it is about defeating body armor. Black tip = very effective shit. Green tip SS109/556, meh, that little bit of hardened penetrator does have an effect, but it's nothing like 30cal AP in my experience.

• I have some belted ought six AP stuff. with some generals signature on a letter asking for it.. Korean war stuff and corrosive so I don't shoot it and it is historical.

But.. those who think the .308 is the 'same' as an ought six are.........mistaken. Anyone who has not shot a Garand needs to. It is a hoot. the sight radius is so long you simply can't miss and shooting something as bad ass as the ought six is childs play from one... you can shoot it from the hip like it was nothing. guys who are good were hitting human targets at 500 yards with open sights I would say 300 would be about my limit and then only under really good conditions. I have 8mm Mauser guns and .303 Smelly guns... at a certain range.. the Mauser starts to drop too much.. the Smelly is... well...... british.

lazs

• That assault rifle should have been locked in a safe and the ammo should have been in a different safe in another state.

Climate warming has always been a good thing. When the climate gets warmer, life thrives on earth. Global warming has always been a good thing. I thank God for global warming. Climate alarmists are fucking retarded.

• Hah Nuke.

I think using AP in the city with 556 may be a pass, but I wouldn't be too thrilled about shooting shitheads in vehicles with my neighbors in the background of that with 308 or especially 3006 AP. I'd be pissed at them if they did it my direction, that's for sure. I realize background is one of the 4 major rules, and the first one that goes out the window under stress conditions, but having AP rounds just adds to the % chance that something may go through your intended target/vehicle and into somebody in that background. On the other hand, if there isn't much to worry about in the background of your sight picture on shitheads, then AP gives you a better chance of going through barriers like vehicles/etc. I guess what I'm saying is using AP in the city requires extra, extreme caution and adherence to smart engagement tactics within the arcs you decide to shoot.

Garands are great, a true war winning weapon. 3006 is no 308 that's for certain, a more powerful cartridge it truly is in the majority of instances. Imagine guys with 5 or 10 round bolt rifles (Enfield) seeing troops with a much more powerful cartridge than the 303, and having 8 rounds of it, which takes a good rifleman 2 seconds or less to reload. Hah hah. It wasn't until later German weapons near the very end, like the STG44 and a few others, did anything come close to competing with the Garand, which already had millions out there issued and working 100%. I do wonder what the 276 Pederson round would have been like in the war, as the majority of infantry engagements were well within 300, averaging 1/2 that or less during the war.

• seems a little odd, doesn't it? guy just happens to be hanging out on his front lawn early in the day with his ar?

That's what I was thinking.

Climate warming has always been a good thing. When the climate gets warmer, life thrives on earth. Global warming has always been a good thing. I thank God for global warming. Climate alarmists are fucking retarded.

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.