Drive-by shooters VS. homeowner with AR

• I love these stories of the Wild West! :biggrin

"Spain is made up of 17 autonomous communities, the Canaries being one, so says the Spanish constitution"

- Holden, who had failed to notice that the Spanish Constitution refers to the sovereign state, that being the KINGDOM of Spain. Just one of many examples of its name being abbreviated to "Spain" - incorrectly, in Holden's case.

• He wore his cap the right way around :littlered

You can identify an unknown force by firing one shot and judging the response.

- If the unknowns respond with precise, regimented rifle fire, they are British.

- If they respond with heavy machinegun fire, they are German.

- If nothing happens for a few minutes, then your whole position gets leveled by artillery, they are American.

- If they surrender, they're French.

:littlered

• Gman.. I agree that background is important but.. people in bed asleep .. and bullet energy after going through a car... for one thing the chances of hitting someone are kinda rare I mean.. lots of space not occupied by humans. but not impossible. Standing... firing basically down on a car? increases the chance you're not gonna hit someone... depending on layout of the homes of course. The AR of course it much much more potent than say a 9mm tho...

In this case.. there really was no safe direction to shoot. homes in all directions.. I would console myself with the fact that the gangbangers were spraying the neighborhood and that I was putting a stop to it.... an acceptable risk.

A good story.. so I bring the Garand with just regular FMJ rounds.. the young cops are shooting some quarter inch steel half size negros... using AR's (actually old M16's) They all want to shoot the Garand. I tell em.. don't shoot the steel negros or they will be ruined.. I could tell from the way they half smiled that they didn't believe me. so I hear...."PING" and see dirt fly.... he said he missed... I said no you did not. I got to keep the steel negro and just made a long range handgun target out of it.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• I thought it was odd he happened to have an AR to hand in the city, just in time to take cover and then return fire - figured there was more to that story than just a first time random drive by, and HEY, I have my assault rifle on me in my front yard it just so happens at that exact time.

Beetle - what happens in the UK is you stand there, get your teeth knocked out of your head with a lead pipe, then get stomped on, cut, slashed, and kicked in the head some more. Than the cops come, interrogate you as to why you were assaulted, and warn you not to go public or cause a fuss, all while ignoring obvious information as to who the criminals are. Ask Paul Thorpe in London who was robbed in that manner of a Rolex and another watch - the cops treat him like the victim, and threaten to charge him for discussing armed self defense on Youtube. He had to take his YT video down that was on the old site, as the "Bobbies" threaten to imprison him if he didn't. Those cops should be shot IMO, it'd be better than the alternative of having the UK slide further into this BS. You country is fucked up even worse than mine, and that's saying something. No self defense allowed, criminals and immigrant muslims have all the rights, and even speaking negatively about them can get you jail time. Ridiculous.

• ...While what happens in Texas is this

"Spain is made up of 17 autonomous communities, the Canaries being one, so says the Spanish constitution"

- Holden, who had failed to notice that the Spanish Constitution refers to the sovereign state, that being the KINGDOM of Spain. Just one of many examples of its name being abbreviated to "Spain" - incorrectly, in Holden's case.

• Shit happens.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.