Why Are You Awake?

• They give me a 400 page book of their CCRs but who reads them? With my ADD I can't finish reading a fortune cookie even. If you accuse them of being unreasonable or punitive they'll lay off, but generally it's reasonable to expect people to keep their yards up.

• Here we have public service officers... fake cops really... but they work out of the police station. The drive around looking for things that are not up to code or violate city ordinances.

The garbage can thing.... mine are way up on the property but visible I guess. They have been that way for 10 years... she stops and tells me I have to hide em. I asked her to show me the ordinance.. which states... you have to hide em if they get more than two complaints from neighbors. apparently no one had complained so I was good.

The other was a letter in the mail about weeds in the front yard. it was during the drought and pretty much everyone had weeds or dead lawn. They were unsightly I admit but pretty sparce... Like one two foot weed every 6 or 7 feet. I ran the mower over em and all was good.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• LOL, ironically they came by today, taking pictures of everyone's house. This HOA President, his wife and their toadies actually take pictures for evaluation and then analyze those pictures to cite you for CCR violations. I was out getting another truckload of gravel because yeah, they have a point, so I put down Weed Guard and hauled two yards of gravel in in my F-150 (4 trips) and it looks pretty good actually- my last load is still in the pickup, but I'll finish it in the morning.

Anyway, they came by while I was out getting another load of gravel- they photo everyone. Steph said they waved, but she didn't wave back. The last time the HOA Prez waved at me I gave him a Nazi salute and shouted "Seig Hiel Mein Furher!" Now he doesn't wave at me anymore, so I flip him off instead.

• You couldn't pay me enough to live anywhere that had a HOA. Hell, I can't hardly stand township rules...

Me neither. After reading Lazs' and Airhead's posts, I'm amazed there isn't more violence involved with these "officers" and HOA types. There was an HOA in Ft Mac when we lived there but it only ruled the world's largest trailer part up there, not the area we lived with constructed permanent homes. Friend put an air conditioner in the window of a bedroom facing the street in his trailer, and they made him remove it. No fines or threats of them that I remember.

• They haven't fined anyone I know of. Steph asked me why I'm so adverserial towards the HOA Board, and the quick answer is I don't like them. 72 hours to replace a garage door? 45 days before they grant me permission to replace a fence? They're unreasonable, and I don't like unreasonable people so they get the bird whenever I see them.

• Power corrupts...

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

MNN on 11/14/19

fact is it is within a year of the election, the Senate will not allow him to appoint her successor. Nov 2020 he will lose.

• Gman... 25 years ago... we had a fledgling HOA.. it actually was simply the developer who made his own rules. Now.. this was Carter POTUS time... interest was 20%... this guy had streets gutters and sidewalks for miles.. and no lots were selling. My place was the last one in the developed area and there was nothing but empty lots all the way to the freeway. The guy had also promised big things like a park with a lake... in fact... the development is called.........The LAKE

Ok... nice custom homes. The 'lake' was a deep spot with a barn on it and believe it or not a boat ramp to the low spot filled with weeds. They ended up donating the 5 acres to the city and it is now a nice park... no lake tho.

Sooo.... I have a stripped 55 chevy in my side yard. The economy picks up and he has a big push to sell lots. he puts in apartments which he promised he would never do. I was supposed to be one of only 4 duplexes in the whole development. he sends a goon over to tell me to get rid of the car.

I am like laughing and tell him to go fuck himself. He is gonna 'make me' This makes me very happy. I tell him to step onto my property and show me his mad fighting skilz. He came very close to finding out that being in the chair force did not make him delta force.

lazs

• To get an idea.... all the way to the tree line is lots this guy owned and couldn't sell... He was supposed to keep the weeds down on the empty lots too.

Oh.. he ended up buying me a fancy car cover and dropping it off.

lazs

• They haven't fined anyone I know of. Steph asked me why I'm so adverserial towards the HOA Board, and the quick answer is I don't like them. 72 hours to replace a garage door? 45 days before they grant me permission to replace a fence? They're unreasonable, and I don't like unreasonable people so they get the bird whenever I see them.

You knew what you were getting into.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• You knew what you were getting into.

Well, you know what? I'm a rebel fella. If I knew how to play a guitar I'd play death metal, not Karen Carpenter. Do you know what you sound like to me? An HOA busy body board member. One of them asked my next door neighbor if he could have access to his back yard so he could look over the fence and see what I had in my back yard.

I went nuts when my neighbor told me that- this is America, not Great Britain- so I sent a very angry email off to the HOA Board and informed I have a sling shot and am a good shot and if I see anyone peeking over my fence I'll shoot their eye out and have them arrested for being a peeping tom.

They sent an "emissary" to smooth things over- this guy was a former offensive lineman for Oregon State and he was fucking huge. We agreed looking over my back fence was rude, as was giving a Nazi salute or the finger to them when they drive by.

Now we're pretty cool- I ignore them.

• Yeah?

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

• Pipe down gramps.

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.