Why Are You Awake?

• Stop staring at my crotch dude.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Well, enjoy then. We all know how Razer swings.

Exhibit A: you know I wear boxers.

I live south of the Big Mack and east of the Golden Gate to avoid ‘forward thinkers’ like yourself.

Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Hey Mike - I've never been in a HOA, the areas I've built or bought have never had them. Question - you mentioned "fine you". How can a HOA fine a homeowner anyway? I've always wondered this, how could they enforce fines? They aren't your bank, nor the city, so neither your mortgage or taxes can be affected, can they?

• Hey Mike - I've never been in a HOA, the areas I've built or bought have never had them. Question - you mentioned "fine you". How can a HOA fine a homeowner anyway? I've always wondered this, how could they enforce fines? They aren't your bank, nor the city, so neither your mortgage or taxes can be affected, can they?

Here's another good example of why NEVER to live in a place that has a HOA.

https://www.washingtonpost.com…on&utm_term=.51e28d1c6ed5

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

MNN on 11/14/19

fact is it is within a year of the election, the Senate will not allow him to appoint her successor. Nov 2020 he will lose.

• Courts routinely rule in favor of HOA's.

And rightly so; those idiots knew what they were getting into.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

• Most people are assholes... They like the idea of telling other people what color they can paint their house. But dare to tell them to hide their garbage cans and they flip out.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• I lived in HOA communities my entire life when I resided in the anthill. I was always on the board though and thus mitigated the crazy by the leftists single women of means by being the erudite token brownie.

They loved me.

• Flip out, lol, good one.

If you violate their rules they have a system where they notify you of your violation and give you a deadline to address the issue. If you don't they can fine you, or put a lien on your property. We moved into a foreclosure that had been stripped, and even the garbage disposal was gone. In addition the previous owners vandalized the place and destroyed the garage door.

We moved into a place with no kitchen, only one functioning bathroom, and a yard that looked like WW1 no man's land- first we started on a new kitchen, and we were here for about three weeks when we got a letter with a photo of our garage door, telling us if it wasn't fixed within 72 hours we would be fined.

That was my first contact with any of my "neighbors," and it really, really pissed me off and I asked myself- Can they do that? Why- yes, yes they can.

I e mailed them, stating I didn't feel comfortable installing a new garage door myself, and I'd contacted a garage door company who'd do the work, but it would take a week- however, under threat of fine I will attempt to install it myself, but I would hold them responsible for any damage to my property or injuries to myself as a 72 hour deadline for such a repair is unreasonable.

The HOA e mailed me back in about an hour, agreeing with me and saying it was prudent to have a professional install the door.

Then we had the fence issue, and that back and forth got way out of hand- then they bitched about a car parked on the street, and they were going to fine me for that, but it wasn't my car- it was parked there for a week, then it was gone.

They generally leave me alone because I don't violate the CCRs- not because I respect their authority, but because I'm too lazy to build illegal flower beds and shit.

• You couldn't pay me enough to live anywhere that had a HOA. Hell, I can't hardly stand township rules...

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

MNN on 11/14/19

fact is it is within a year of the election, the Senate will not allow him to appoint her successor. Nov 2020 he will lose.

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.