Infinity War

• Jennifer Jason Leigh was really good on that.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• Just for appearances

You can identify an unknown force by firing one shot and judging the response.

- If the unknowns respond with precise, regimented rifle fire, they are British.

- If they respond with heavy machinegun fire, they are German.

- If nothing happens for a few minutes, then your whole position gets leveled by artillery, they are American.

- If they surrender, they're French.

:littlered

• What movie is 3 hours long?

Hostiles was pretty good really. I think it showed that in combat situations our long term prejudices no matter how they were earned.. tend to fade away... at least with the people we are fighting beside. Hard to hate the guy who has your back.

The theme was pretty simple as is the theme of most westerns but it was done pretty well... Hateful Eight was like all Tarentino movies.... 'complicated' A blend of themes.

Bone Tomahawk was disturbing and gritty and with a very real feel to it. They achieved that with perfect sets costumes and firearms.

the think about westerns is that people thought differently back then. People with no honor or courage were despised.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• There's one offbeat movie I saw some years ago that sticks with me far above all the others mentioned--

"Lonely Are the Brave"...1962, Kirk Douglas

If politicians only got paid according to their district's economic success, there would be no more Democrats.

• Barb and I saw it yesterday, pretty cool, also very funny, in stark contrast to the DC movies

Fuck these snobs who are bitching about the lack of 'serious' movies....I watch movies to be entertained, NOT to hear about the latest left wing cause

If politicians only got paid according to their district's economic success, there would be no more Democrats.

• If I were black (I'm not), I'd be pissed at the gratuitous patronization of brown peeps. Wasn't that some serious bullshit?

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

• back then they couldn't gratuitously kill, fuck or blow shit up so they were resigned to a plot and acting.

There's a bunch of great old movies, up into the 70's....sparse after that. Sadly, I can't watch old black and whites around the house, triggers memories from wife's less-than-ideal childhood, and she has to leave the room

• I'm outta here.

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.