Infringement

• I think this qualifies.

https://www.gunowners.org/a-ma…d-result-in-a-gun-ban.htm

If you haven’t already contacted your representative now might be a good time.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• For those of you that need pictures.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• while it is true that the tactics of the anti second rights groups involve taking guns from as many people as possible.... no.... you will not lose your gun rights over unpaid tickets.. to be as hysterical as the left is not in our best interests.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Feel free to stick your head in the sand, you have that right.

• razer... chump told him so,,,

Governments rest on the consent of the governed, and that it is the right of the people to alter or abolish them at will whenever they become destructive of the ends for which they were established. - President Jefferson Davis

• Oh I see.

It doesn’t say ‘...shall not be infringed except for the stuff lazs doesn’t like.’

• Plenty to be upset with... don't need to go off all ... half cocked... Thats a SAA expression by the way.

lazs

People are being denied gun purchases because of unpaid traffic violations. Don't pay your ticket, you get a bench warrant issued and now you are a fugitive from justice.

• People are being denied gun purchases because of unpaid traffic violations. Don't pay your ticket, you get a bench warrant issued and now you are a fugitive from justice.

I'm opposed to fugitives from justice being allowed to legally purchase firearms.

OK, I'm going to play the Devil's Advocate here. On the phrase "A well regulated militia," who has the right to regulate? Congress?

• We the People.

Rock-Ribbed Capitalist

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

• Nobody reads books anymore.

• regulated in 18th century English meant well-practiced, adept

Governments rest on the consent of the governed, and that it is the right of the people to alter or abolish them at will whenever they become destructive of the ends for which they were established. - President Jefferson Davis

• ie proficient marksmen.

• It's a legal point but the Second was followed up with a 1790 law requiring all able bodied men to own a firearm and be available for militia duty in the case of emergencies.

This might be an indication that Congress felt it had the right to regulate, and if so then rather than requiring firearms ownership they could also restrict them, right? See where I'm going here?

Remember, at the time our only defense against hostiles were militias- we had no standing army, and the 2nd may have been a response to the War of Independence and a fear of British invasion.

I'm playing Devil's Advocate, but Congressional laws on firearms have happened since we were founded and most of them have been restrictive. I could make the argument the Founders were referring to State sponsored militias, not individual rights, in the 2nd.

However, the inherent right to own a firearm had to have been assumed- I mean, Daniel Boone going through the wilderness armed with a cricket bat? Wild Bill Hickock buffaloing people with a bowling pin? Get real- it had to have been assumed you could arm yourself.

But... in legalese Congress can regulate fire arms, and Congress doesn't recognize inherent rights.

Congress sucks.

• Im not concerned about confiscation, just erosion, for now.

• Out of the mouths of babes...from Facebook today.

• Again, Regulate / "Regulated" (as it was used in the Constitution) doesn't mean control. Requiring everyone to own firearms AND be proficient in them was more of a lazy man's draft, than anything else. America didn't really have a standing army at that time.

• Out of the mouths of babes...from Facebook today.

No... They're marching for other people's rights to be taken away. that's the way it always is. Hollywood celebrities aren't pontificating for their security details to be disarmed either. Useful idiots never march for their own rights to be taken away.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.