Box of M16 weapons shipped to couple’s home

• HOUSTON, TX. (KTRK) - A Houston couple got more than they bargained for after buying gun storage cases online.

The couple, who did not want to be identified, thought they were buying 100 empty gun storage cases from a military surplus website to resell on eBay.

“It’s just a case, everybody can buy it online,” one of them said.

But when a friend cracked open one of the cases, they found it was far from empty.

The couple found at least a dozen fully automatic M16s designed strictly for military use.

Not sure what to do, they reported it to authorities.

Within hours, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives seized the single box and quickly got a search warrant for the storage unit containing 100 more. Experts were shocked by what they found.

“It’s almost surreal to believe something like that happen nowadays. It’s incredible,” said retired Houston police captain and former Marine Greg Fremin. “It’s unbelievable to think weapons of that grade, military-grade weapons, would be shipped in containers would be shipped across state lines and somebody have access to that. It’s pretty shocking,”

Fremin says the military carefully tracks all its weapons, because any misplaced weapons can be extremely dangerous.

“For these boxes to have M16s in them and being shipped to a public destination, not only is it shocking, it’s a federal crime,” he said.

The ATF confirms it is investigating along with the FBI, but did not say how many weapons have been recovered so far.

The military surplus website says it pulled other gun cases for sale offline after and notified the Department of Defense.

Meanwhile, the couple said they just want the weapons out of their hands, and they’d like to go back to their small business.

Box of M16 weapons shipped to couple’s home
    A Houston couple found military assault weapons in their online order from a government surplus store.
    www.wibw.com

Dietrich Bonhoeffer: “Silence in the face of evil is itself evil. God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”

Presbyterian Rev. Gilbert Tennant:

“He that suffers his life to be taken from him by one who has no authority for that purpose, when he might preserve it by defense, incurs the Guilt of self murder since God has enjoined him to seek the continuance of his life, and Nature itself teaches every creature to defend itself.”

• I think it stems from the ridiculous idea that we are somehow morally obligated to obey they law. Morals is about doing what is right. Laws are about control. Just because something is the law, doesn't mean it's right. Therefore there is no moral obligation to obey any law.

• These days, the chances of reporting something like that is more dangerous to you as an individual than not reporting it IMHO. You know those people will have their lives turned inside out for years. They'll be lucky if they don't lose everything they have or do serious time. Nobody in the gov or military will get in trouble.

• These days, the chances of reporting something like that is more dangerous to you as an individual than not reporting it IMHO. You know those people will have their lives turned inside out for years. They'll be lucky if they don't lose everything they have or do serious time. Nobody in the gov or military will get in trouble.

I agree. They were in possession of firearms they aren't licensed to have. It doesn't matter that they got them by accident.

• I mean it's win-win for the corrupt gov. If they secretly sent it to them (Fast and Furious much?) and they don't report it... bingo off they go to Federal Prison for 10+ years.

If they do report it, they get a platinum "all access" VIP search warrant where they'll find something to hang them by. Could be something as simple as an IRS reporting error of some sort. If there's nothing, they'll plant something.

Heads I win, Tails you lose situation.

• "We don't know the situation, Miss Judge-ette... but we do know for sure they have a cache of illegal machine guns, and THAT is Probable Cause! We think it's reasonable that the warrant include EVERYTHING don't you agree ? These People are probably international gun runners with Mexican Drug Cartel money laundering connections and racist domesticatized Russian KKK terror fries with Jan 6 sprinkles. We need that sweet rubber stamp m'am - the whole fruit tree! In fact it would be prudent to detain them in solitary for the next several years"

• So that’s where they went.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Shit..

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• I would have sold them all.

"I admit that the Negro...has made little progress from barbarism to civilization, and that he is in a deplorable condition since his emancipation. That he is worse off in many respects, than when he was a slave, I am compelled to admit..."

- Frederick Douglass

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!