Follow Brandon!

• You lost me Dan. "Debt incurred from the Federal Reserve is the LITERAL definition of inflation." Did you mean consumer debt incurred as a result of Federal reserve policy and additional consumer debt equals more inflation? That sentence doesn't make sense so I am trying to guess what you are trying to communicate with that statement. The second part "money fabricated from thin air competing with real earned money is what creates bubbles that can pop later." is crystal clear and I 100% agree.

It is usually true that people don't buy a new car and then go get a job. They do buy more cars and homes though when they can afford to. Low interest rates = lower payments = more buying. Higher than new MSRP was a result of many things. Shortage of new vehicles being produced due to things like chips not being available because the plant they were produced in burned down, along with people getting a load of free money from the government to name a couple of the big reasons.

• There's two possibilities here: You either cannot, which means that you didn't really pay any attention to the political machinations in this country until you suddenly had to start paying over a dollar a gallon more to fill up your car, and your weekly grocery bill went up by over $100 or more. This means that you have only just recently decided to try to come to grips with the tragedy that was leftism overrunning this country, that you were a politically indifferent moderate.

The second one, is that you WILL NOT.

And if that's the case, it means that you're like a lot of the people leaving California and New York, can't afford to live there anymore, but you want all of the fairy tale horseshit that you have at home. So, you're left of center, but are now at the precarious position of having to admit that as much as you believed that Orange Man Mean Tweeter Is Bad, the sad, transparent truth is that the leftist democrats, personified by Bidet, are infinitely worse...and that your belief system in the blue mule is now destroying, rather than enriching, our way of life.

Climbing interest rates have slowed the desertion of California. Good for us, bad for them.

• Climbing interest rates have slowed the desertion of California. Good for us, bad for them.

Unless...you get enough extra cash from unloading your CA or NY properties to pay a (relatively) low price for cash in another state. I was recently able to do this when I got tired of fixed elections not only from 2020, but the obvious recall election that should have ended Godawful Gavin's political career, and left California for Arizona, which is still savable, but is sliding fast. Kari Lake can stave it off for a while, but it's gonna take more than a governor as fuckstick limousine liberals leave their CA positions, and head out to run in local elections to turn other states blue.

• You lost me Dan. "Debt incurred from the Federal Reserve is the LITERAL definition of inflation." Did you mean consumer debt incurred as a result of Federal reserve policy and additional consumer debt equals more inflation? That sentence doesn't make sense so I am trying to guess what you are trying to communicate with that statement. The second part "money fabricated from thin air competing with real earned money is what creates bubbles that can pop later." is crystal clear and I 100% agree.

It is usually true that people don't buy a new car and then go get a job. They do buy more cars and homes though when they can afford to. Low interest rates = lower payments = more buying. Higher than new MSRP was a result of many things. Shortage of new vehicles being produced due to things like chips not being available because the plant they were produced in burned down, along with people getting a load of free money from the government to name a couple of the big reasons.

Federal reserve debt and money created from thin air is the same thing. That's how the Federal Reserve works. They create the money from thin air, then loan it out at 0% (practically) interest.

• Federal reserve debt and money created from thin air is the same thing. That's how the Federal Reserve works. They create the money from thin air, then loan it out at 0% (practically) interest.

Yes, exactly. The part I didn't get though was you said it was the definition of inflation. "Debt incurred from the Federal Reserve is the LITERAL definition of inflation." So how is it the literal definition of inflation?

• The phrase "too many dollars chasing too few goods" never made sense to me

Never in the history of the world was 6 trillion injected into an economy. That was not the Federal Reserve though. People were collecting weekly unemployment + $600 a week. Some businesses ( very profitable businesses) and were given massive anounts of money. Then there was all the checks sent to everyone and money for each kid etc. Too many dollars were chasing too few goods = inflation.

• The housing market is gonna be next to crash.. Carter 2.0

lazs

Prices are finally starting to drop a bit in some large cities. The last 7 years were very similar to 2001-2008 and 1987-1994 which means the next 7 years will be similar to 2008-2015 and 1994-2001. The stock market gains of 1994-2001 helped offset the down real estate market back then. Prices essentially just stayed close to the same over that period. 2008-2015 stocks cratered initially, but came back with the help of something nobody ever expected - Quantitative Easing introduced to America by the Federal Reserve. What will they do this time to prevent a total collapse? Or, maybe this bubble economy was created to bring about the crash to end all crashes? We will likely know looking back 7 years from now if we are still around. Real Estate has been cyclical especially since we entered the fiat currency age, about 7 years up, then 7 years flat or down.

Interestly, when Carter was President housing prices went up which was sort of odd with inflation and rising interest rates. I think people in general didn't trust the new fiat currency much and wanted to invest more in tangeble assets as the stock market was not the same investment vehicle it is today. Housing then softened up late 1980. The first 2 1/2 years under Reagan were not good for housing as mortages rates climbed to all time high as Paul Volker raised rates at the Fed to fight inflation.

• Prices are finally starting to drop a bit in some large cities. The last 7 years were very similar to 2001-2008 and 1987-1994 which means the next 7 years will be similar to 2008-2015 and 1994-2001. The stock market gains of 1994-2001 helped offset the down real estate market back then. Prices essentially just stayed close to the same over that period. 2008-2015 stocks cratered initially, but came back with the help of something nobody ever expected - Quantitative Easing introduced to America by the Federal Reserve. What will they do this time to prevent a total collapse? Or, maybe this bubble economy was created to bring about the crash to end all crashes? We will likely know looking back 7 years from now if we are still around. Real Estate has been cyclical especially since we entered the fiat currency age, about 7 years up, then 7 years flat or down.

Interestly, when Carter was President housing prices went up which was sort of odd with inflation and rising interest rates. I think people in general didn't trust the new fiat currency much and wanted to invest more in tangeble assets as the stock market was not the same investment vehicle it is today. Housing then softened up late 1980. The first 2 1/2 years under Reagan were not good for housing as mortages rates climbed to all time high as Paul Volker raised rates at the Fed to fight inflation.

Part of the problem is that a large part of your 0% federal reserve interest rate went into buying up homes. The number of corporately owned and then rented residential dwellings is at an outrageous rate currently.

• There's two possibilities here: You either cannot, which means that you didn't really pay any attention to the political machinations in this country until you suddenly had to start paying over a dollar a gallon more to fill up your car, and your weekly grocery bill went up by over $100 or more. This means that you have only just recently decided to try to come to grips with the tragedy that was leftism overrunning this country, that you were a politically indifferent moderate.

The second one, is that you WILL NOT.

And if that's the case, it means that you're like a lot of the people leaving California and New York, can't afford to live there anymore, but you want all of the fairy tale horseshit that you have at home. So, you're left of center, but are now at the precarious position of having to admit that as much as you believed that Orange Man Mean Tweeter Is Bad, the sad, transparent truth is that the leftist democrats, personified by Bidet, are infinitely worse...and that your belief system in the blue mule is now destroying, rather than enriching, our way of life.

You are wrong on both counts!

There are NOT just two possibilities. You are not too bright if you really believe that bullsh*t you wrote. Your ramblings make about as much sense as "black lives matter".

• Part of the problem is that a large part of your 0% federal reserve interest rate went into buying up homes. The number of corporately owned and then rented residential dwellings is at an outrageous rate currently.

Exactly! Besides the extremely low rates (now this is really key) the tax cuts and jobs act was passed in 2017 which created something called opportunity zones across America. Opportunity zones allowed for tax free investment in Real Estate in those areas. This is where the mega wealthy through varies types of corporations purchased a massive amount of real estate contributing to the bubble. I believe they have to hold it for 10 years to get it tax free if I remember correctly. Anyhow, they bought at low interest rates tax free. They will be making massive tax free profits over time with current inflation.

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• You are wrong on both counts!

There are NOT just two possibilities. You are not too bright if you really believe that bullsh*t you wrote. Your ramblings make about as much sense as "black lives matter".

I was really hoping to see something of a structured rebuttal here. Nothing but simple denial.

I don't know how well that's gonna work on a PETA raid.

• Trillions of dollars of middle class wealth lost in the stock market.

lazs

That was fake wealth. Ones and zeros based purely on speculation. Now that the money printing has stopped, things don't look so rosy for the speculators. Bubbles gonna pop. It's what they do.

• I know a lot of people who have retired on that 'fake wealth' and lots more that had expected to.

Personally? I converted my 'fake wealth' into something more solid months before I retiered.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• I know a lot of people who have retired on that 'fake wealth' and lots more that had expected to.

Personally? I converted my 'fake wealth' into something more solid months before I retiered.

lazs

Sure, happens all the time. But for every one who cashes in on a bubble, lots more lose their ass. That's how it works. Ain't "capitalism" grand?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!