Texas GOP wants to put a public referendum on secession on the ballot.

• I'm all for it, I wish it were on the ballot here.

"I mourn for the stake which was lost at Richmond more deeply than I rejoice over that which was saved at Waterloo, deemed that you were fighting battles for our liberty, our progress, and our civilization." - Lord John Acton

• This would speed up my move to Texas.

"I mourn for the stake which was lost at Richmond more deeply than I rejoice over that which was saved at Waterloo, deemed that you were fighting battles for our liberty, our progress, and our civilization." - Lord John Acton

• The Republic of Florida

What the Fuck was that?

Some guy Hiroshima, Japan August 6, 1945 08:15:47

Some guy Nagasaki, Japan August 9, 1945 11:02:44

Some guy Chernobyl, Ukraine SSR April 26, 1986 01:23:03

Some guy Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant March 11, 2011 11:28:37

Hillary Clinton, November 8, 2016 22:07:32

Secret Service Agent attending Biden/Pope Francis meeting October 29, 2021

• "If I owned Hell and Texas I'd rent out Texas and live in hell".

Some faggot yankee general piece of shit.

What the Fuck was that?

• Cart before the horse. As big and diversified as the economy of Texas is, sucession without the support of several other states would needlessly reduce the chances of success. No one state will ever manage to break away alone.

Extensive, detailed and deliberate negotiations with representatives from any interested states will have to take place first. A plan to remove these states from the Republic must confront any possible moral, logistical, and legal obsticals and remain feasable while causing the least harm to the citizens of the suceeding states.

That barely scratches the surface but it is a small part of the actual begining of the process.

"The members of Congress know, from their colleagues in Congress, that, uh, you know, the, looks like a tornado, they don't call them that anymore, that hit the crops and wetlands in the middle of the country, in Iowa and Nevada. It's just across the board,"

• Seccesion, Secceding.

What the Fuck was that?

• Most likely correct. It would need to be around nine or ten states.

What the Fuck was that?

• It's not gonna work like that. It is gonna work where the states ignore federal laws. This is a real thing. some states have said they will not allow the feds to enforce gun control laws in their state. Some have said they will not allow grooming in their schools

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Organized npn-compliance by states with regard to federal regulation generaly lasts about one or two funding bills in the house.

"The members of Congress know, from their colleagues in Congress, that, uh, you know, the, looks like a tornado, they don't call them that anymore, that hit the crops and wetlands in the middle of the country, in Iowa and Nevada. It's just across the board,"

• Most likely correct. It would need to be around nine or ten states.

I think Texas could make it on her own. It has good farming, cattle, great ports, large literate population, great IT corps, wide variety of industries, good roads, even if the people around dfw all drive like they want pole position. Of course, more states would be better but if ANY single state is capable, it would be Texas.

• Texas definitely could survive independently. A lot of natural gas and oil come from Texas and many states depend on that. It won't happen though. Just posturing.

Many states are already ignoring federal law. All of those that have made pot legal at any level are ignoring it.

• ‘If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.’

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!