A Stroke of Genius

• My Check Engine light came on (MIL, Malfunction Indicator Lamp) on my Honda. Drats! Crap! I did some research that said the possibilities could be a gas cap and that if it isn't flashing it's not serious. I don't have an OBD scanner, but you can go an auto parts store and they may scan the engine free. I checked the gas cap, and it was a little loose. So I tightened it. Then to reset the MIL I could do it with a scanner, have someone else do it, or disconnect the negative cable on the battery. I went with choice 3.

Planning things out like I do, I figured I would disconnect the battery, scrape and paint some trim, and then reconnect the battery. Sort of doing two things at once.

With battery disconnect I'm off to work on the trim. First, I had to get the paint roller extension out of the cargo area along with the paint opener. but, but, but, the liftgate wouldn't open because the battery was disconnected. "Best laid plans...."

Oh well, I waited 10 minutes and reconnected the battery, no more MIL. (So far).

• That's it

What the Fuck was that?

Some guy Hiroshima, Japan August 6, 1945 08:15:47

Some guy Nagasaki, Japan August 9, 1945 11:02:44

Some guy Chernobyl, Ukraine SSR April 26, 1986 01:23:03

Some guy Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant March 11, 2011 11:28:37

Hillary Clinton, November 8, 2016 22:07:32

Secret Service Agent attending Biden/Pope Francis meeting October 29, 2021