Mike died yesterday

• I went to see him Friday and he was not doing well at all. Something told me I should make the trip sooner rather than later. He was in and out. I spent a lot of time talking to Steph.

He will be cremated cause he did not want a military funeral. Steph will do a Memorial in say a month. I want to help with that. The last thing I said to him was "hey.. I love ya Mike" He said he loved me too. Steph said that he had been looking forward to seeing me for days so that made me feel good.

Anyone thinking they might want to go to a memorial give me a PM I told Steph she had better rent a BIG hall. He had LOTS of friends.

I am tossing this around.... Maybe some of you want to say something... I realize not many of you could make it all the way out here but I was thinking maybe a FW poster? with quotes from people on here about Airhead moments?

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Steph said that something told her she should get the power of attorney thing that she had been putting off for a month. She got it just before he died.

lazs

• Travel well Mike. Like I said years ago I'll see you in the next life.

What the Fuck was that?

Some guy Hiroshima, Japan August 6, 1945 08:15:47

Some guy Nagasaki, Japan August 9, 1945 11:02:44

Some guy Chernobyl, Ukraine SSR April 26, 1986 01:23:03

Some guy Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant March 11, 2011 11:28:37

Hillary Clinton, November 8, 2016 22:07:32

Secret Service Agent attending Biden/Pope Francis meeting October 29, 2021

• Well Shit. Least he's no longer in pain.

‘If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.’

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

• It isn't a damn shame. It's a transition.

What the Fuck was that?

• Man, so sorry to hear this. I always thought that guy was brilliant. No-one could tell a story like him.

“Everyone should do all in his power to collect and disseminate the truth, in the hope that it may find a place in history and descend to posterity. History is not the relation of campaigns and battles and generals or other individuals, but that which shows the principles for which the South contended and which justified her struggle for those principles. ” - Robert E. Lee

• Think of his next story about yesterday

What the Fuck was that?

• He is still around.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Well he voted for Obama in 08 so I'm glad he's dead.

What the Fuck was that?

• You are not wrong. The thing Steph said was that he always made her laugh. The times we all went out together as couples were always an adventure. Me him.. Steph went to see Molly (Mollyblue) out on the river for a great day of drinks and food... Molly died only a few weeks after but we had a great time... Mike and I had the help laughing and joining in.

Mike was a great friend. Generous to a fault. Any event was better for having him there. I am socially awkward but Mike was always at ease. I would defer to him on where to go or eat and even let him drive which.... I rarely do with people.. two maybe three other people.

One thing was he said "go get that box Steph" She brought it in. In it was a Ruger Blackhawk in a caliber that I wanted. It was dirty as shit and some rust. He would not take any money for it and it is worth maybe $700 an old gun but in a crazy cool caliber.

So yesterday I was thinking... " I need to clean this thing up" I used a lot of my home made cleaning stuff on it and let it sit.. When I went to finish off I had this really strange feeling like... I don't know. Anyway.. this is one gun that will stay with me till I die.

lazs

• 69.. thanks. I forgot about that song but will suggest it be played at his memorial. I feel something when listening to it. As many know here the old west is a hobby of mine. I was a young man who did not give a shit about history. In 1969 I seen with my pregnant wife... 'The Wild Bunch' I was a biker and thought it might be one of those B movie biker flicks. 2 minutes in I felt like I was there. I mean.. really there.

When I got into the history some aspects of it like Dodge city and Carson City tug at me. A lot of my firearms are of that era. I know most religions do not want to go into that. Ghosts... reincarnation.. that sort of thing. Maybe we are here till god says we have learned enough. I am one stupid muther so I probly been around a while

lazs

• Goddammit, I didn't even want to open this thread. I opened the forum and saw this title and just sat back in my chair for a moment. I am happy that he no longer in pain but very sad we won't have him around anymore.

• Sheesh. What if he can see this?

What the Fuck was that?

• I'd better go first.

What the Fuck was that?