Get ready to rumble!

• Oh... so now that matters? The parent's rights trump the child's. That's how it should be. You can make laws to regulate things, but those are increased intrusion into the household. The bar is already bad enough for that intrusion. This would openly invite worse. There are two people who's rights are at steak and they can be in conflict. I'd rather this conflict favor the parents than the state.

When it comes to the right to live you couldn't be more wrong.

Drop the brick Rick, it ain't no trick, get yourself free.

"It's no longer our job to wake the sheep. It's time to wake the other lions."

giphy.gif

• You are pitting one vs the other. That just isn't possible with a pregnancy. The way you are unable to differentiate between the two lives is the same way the law is unable to do it.

A simple question: What is worse?

1) Having the state control every aspect of your unborn baby's life from conception to birth and then on to graduation.

2) Having abortion be legal.

With the state of current politics, it has to be one or the other. Any notion of going back to the 50's is pure fantasy.

• how difficult is it to understand that babies do not deserve to be murdered because it might cramp mommy's style?

“Everyone should do all in his power to collect and disseminate the truth, in the hope that it may find a place in history and descend to posterity. History is not the relation of campaigns and battles and generals or other individuals, but that which shows the principles for which the South contended and which justified her struggle for those principles. ” - Robert E. Lee

• Yeah well,

The hysteria associated with legalizing infanticide has everything to do with it's pragmatic appeal.

It's nothing more than a plan "B" for those times when some poor bastard won't bite.

There are no unintended pregnancies in 21st century America. But many do prove to be unprofitable. Not their fault.

• Sooo... if I understand it.... those who are against abortion of any kind are saying that life begins at conception? when is that exactly? the second you pull out? the second the swimmer makes it across the finish line when?

If those are the cases then there is no sense having any debate at all about it. Or maybe..... the pill is murder? I mean... nuns told me it was a potential life taken.

The two arguments that seem the dumbest are the "well... a two year old can't survive on its own sooo... same thing" and... "human life begins at conception" A POTENTIAL human life begins at conception.

Heartbeat might be a good place to start.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• It's not a potential human, it is a human.

I don't dictate morals to anyone, I leave that to God. However, he does and not from a sense of smug moral superiority. Morals are for protection and happiness. Ignore them and look what happens.

• I've never taken a birth control pill nor a morning after pill. I've never told anyone else not take one. Ultimately you are responsible to God for your actions. There is no escape from that.

Would I have our laws protect the most innocent of us? Yes.

• MASTURBATION IS MURDER!!1

Let's not get carried away.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

• Sooo... you would or would not outlaw birth control pills? sooo.. you would or would not outlaw morning after pills?

Simple questions. when having a discussion about abortion tho we need to define the boundries you wish for. You are praising the SC for taking up the case. I want to know just how far you want to take this legally.

lazs

• innocence is a yes or no state. Unless what you mean to say is deserving.

"The members of Congress know, from their colleagues in Congress, that, uh, you know, the, looks like a tornado, they don't call them that anymore, that hit the crops and wetlands in the middle of the country, in Iowa and Nevada. It's just across the board,"

• Sooo... you would or would not outlaw birth control pills? sooo.. you would or would not outlaw morning after pills?

Simple questions. when having a discussion about abortion tho we need to define the boundries you wish for. You are praising the SC for taking up the case. I want to know just how far you want to take this legally.

lazs

I started this thread because the subject is indeed coming before the SCOTUS. I want the Left to scream. I don't care if you think that will rally more of them. I am happy to also discuss the nature of abortion and have made my opinions on the subject clear. I won't be baited though.

• How do you feel about medicine? some religions say it is thwarting gods will.

But you are not going to answer any question are you? You don't mind telling us what god thinks but you are vague.

Is the morning after pill murder?

lazs

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!