• I have a theory regarding gravity. I don't have the math to prove or disprove it and am too lazy and/or dumb to acquire it. It may not be a new theory but I've never heard or read about it.

Here goes. We know the universe is expanding and maybe accelerating. We look and see a doppler red shift in every direction. The farther we look the greater the shift.

Imagine there is another dimension coexisting within every point of ours. I think String Theory is up to 12 dimensions now. This part of the theory is not mine. However, these other dimensions are tied to ours in some manner at the sub atomic level, at every point in space. Maybe the specific strings which make up our universe also make up other universes and so it is those "strings" that create the bond. Part of the string vibrates in a pattern that makes it part of our universe and another part of the same string vibrates in a pattern that is not part of our universe but is part of another. The areas of space with more densely populated strings are known as energy/matter, mass.

Back to the expansion of space. It is expanding. That doesn't mean that objects are just moving farther apart through empty space but rather that space itself is expanding. Again, this part is not my theory but is accepted as evidenced. My theory is that space becomes stretched by mass because mass is anchored to another dimension. This stretching created by the expansion is why mass warps space.

Half baked theory I know.

• If Time is immutable, then Time isn't the 4th dimension. And all of String Theory goes tits up. IMO, Energy is the 4th dimension.

We're never going to know these things until we go to these places. And it'll take forever to get to someplace at a fraction of the speed of light. But if relativity isn't real, then the speed of light isn't the limit. I firmly believe that we'll crack that problem sooner or later.

• Why do you think we don't "know" if time dilation is real. So far GPS backs up the theory. I won't say proves this time because there will always be things we don't know we don't know.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Spacetime can be pretty strange. Based on our every day experience we intuitively believe that all of the past is fixed in place. Pick any point in time and it corresponds in time to every other point in the universe at that point in time. And yet, it doesn't.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Consider the strangeness of relativity as illustrated by Brian Greene. Imagine you have a faster than light tv connection to the other side of the universe. I know, not possible. Bear with me anyhow. You're sitting in your recliner watching a live broadcast from the other side of the universe. This live broadcast has been streaming for hundreds of years and will continue doing so for hundreds more. Your wife/husband walks by and looks at the TV. Because of their motion they will see a broadcast many years different from what you are seeing.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!