Out And About When My Low Tire Light Comes On

• There's no car section so I'm putting this here.

Just to get out of the house I was out driving today when my low tire light came on. I pulled to the side and held the Low Tire Light down until it blinked three times and went out. A few miles down the road it came on again. Crap, it must be losing air fairly rapidly. Thinking of Gina's experience, I head to a local shop that is also a junkyard. I sure didn't want to change a tire. It's just past 8:00 AM so I wondered if they would be open. When I entered the office I see the good ol' boys sitting around and talking in the office.

I walk into the office and say, "Alright, it's time to put some of you folks to work." They chuckle. I tell them it's the left rear tire that's going low. I keep a gauge in my car. I call it the baby boomer gauge because the numbers are large.

They get right to it and I chat up a storm with some of the others. For a tire repair they did an enormous amount of work. As it turns out it wasn't seated along the bead very well. They grab a grinder and lightly polish the rim and then added some type of goop to help it seal.

When I arrived, the place was cold. I think the temperature was below 30 degrees outside. The owner before starting to work on my car climbed a step ladder to turn on turn on the heater. As worked on my tire the temperature warmed up rather fast and this was a large garage with high ceilings. The owner then told me that the heater runs on used oil. I said wow, that's impressive. Then added that with a yard full of junk cars you probably never run out of fuel. What a great source of energy for this shop. Clever if you ask me.

• I love that carbon footprint.

What the Fuck was that?

Some guy Hiroshima, Japan August 6, 1945 08:15:47

Some guy Nagasaki, Japan August 9, 1945 11:02:44

Some guy Chernobyl, Ukraine SSR April 26, 1986 01:23:03

Some guy Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant March 11, 2011 11:28:37

Hillary Clinton, November 8, 2016 22:07:32

Secret Service Agent attending Biden/Pope Francis meeting October 29, 2021

• I keep plugs for emergency but.....

If you drive thousands of miles annually and have tens of thousands in equipment on your mule best to simply buy a new shoe when something larger than a thin nail pokes through.

Poking through your steel belt. It's the main cause of premature tire delamination at highway speed.

What the Fuck was that?

• Spare tyre and fixaflat. On long bike trips, I always have a can. Road King has tubeless, although back wheel has a tube, just wouldn't seal. Pan has spokes, therefore a tube ALSO. Tubes lots cheaper than tyres

• YMMV The dread delam in BFE at 2am? No thank you Ma'am.

What the Fuck was that?

• Every couple years we put new snow tires on all of our daily drivers regardless of the condition of the previous ones. Well... this just happens to be new tire year. FML... looking down the barrel of a several thousand dollar rubber bill for four sets of Firestone Winterforce tires. I can't recommend them enough if you deal with snow and ice though... best winter tire on the market in my opinion.

• The tires on my Silveraydo got low and the monitor alerted. I filled 'em up and the monitor said something to the effect of the monitor not working. I'm on my 4th tank of gas in 2 years so don' really care but this thread inspired me to investigate. Looks like all I need to do is calibrate the system. Maybe when I start on my 5th tank of gas.

• Every couple years we put new snow tires on all of our daily drivers regardless of the condition of the previous ones. Well... this just happens to be new tire year. FML... looking down the barrel of a several thousand dollar rubber bill for four sets of Firestone Winterforce tires. I can't recommend them enough if you deal with snow and ice though... best winter tire on the market in my opinion.

Hmm... . better than bf Goodrich TA all terrain? I've been pondering, little rubber left on f 2 fitty

• Sumitomo Encounter HT 10 ply.

What the Fuck was that?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!