Got an email from my car dealer

• WE WILL BUY YOUR VEHICLE!

EVEN IF YOU DON'T BUY OURS!

Our records indicate that you own a 2014 FORD EXPLORER. The purpose of this email is to inform you that your vehicle currently has an extremely high resale value, and we would be interested in making you a generous offer on it. This offer is being made to only a limited number of our previous customers who have been identified as driving high demand vehicles and are willing to trade them for any vehicle in stock.

WE ARE IN DIRE NEED:

1. To acquire high-quality used vehicles (like yours), that are on our High-Demand Make/Model list.

2. To sell off our current inventory of Newer late-model quality pre-owned vehicles that we currently have on our lot.

With high demand in the marketplace for EXPLORER models you may be able to upgrade with no money out of pocket! If you currently have a monthly payment on your vehicle our dealer incentives and current interest rates could help you drive away in a much newer vehicle without increasing it! If you are not presently in the market for a new vehicle, we are still interested in making an aggressive offer on yours! Click here to see how much your car is worth!

WE ARE IN THE MARKET TO PURCHASE EVERY QUALITY 2014 FORD EXPLORER WE CAN LOCATE.

• What a segue!

Here's a video about the chip shortage. I think you can just watch the first 3 to 4 minutes.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• #FJB

• Yeah, it's probably not a scam. They will probably give you more than what you paid for it. The problem is replacing it, there ain't shit for decent deals out there.

The shortages are real in the auto industry, I'd bet they'll offer you at least 2-3 grand more than what you paid.

• Yeah, it's probably not a scam. They will probably give you more than what you paid for it. The problem is replacing it, there ain't shit for decent deals out there.

The shortages are real in the auto industry, I'd bet they'll offer you at least 2-3 grand more than what you paid.

Yeah, that's what does not make sense for me. I like the car. Sure, I'd probably get more than I paid for it - but then I couldn't replace it.

Maybe if they had a higher trim Jeep Cherokee, I'd consider one of those. Had one as a rental and I liked it. I did see that they have those in stock.

But I'm thinking - not mess with it. I have a nice car that I like.

• Yeah well,

In the day, one of the first things dealers did with green salesmen was sit them down with the classifieds and have them call private sellers.

The pitch was about having a hot customer on a (fill in the blank). The idea was to get them on the lot.

If they showed up, you were pretty much guaranteed a home run 'cause they were gullible enough to show up..

Just sayin'

• Yeah, that's what does not make sense for me. I like the car. Sure, I'd probably get more than I paid for it - but then I couldn't replace it.

Maybe if they had a higher trim Jeep Cherokee, I'd consider one of those. Had one as a rental and I liked it. I did see that they have those in stock.

But I'm thinking - not mess with it. I have a nice car that I like.

Cort really likes her Cherokee and she had an explorer before that. Main reason we went with the Cherokee is that it was 0% financing. Hers is the altitude trim package.

• They are pretty comparable the Cherokee has a shit transmission. The Explorer has a shit front end (bearings, hubs, etc.). And it won't matter where you live but the Explorer has the best all wheel drive system I've ever driven in snow and on icy conditions.

• Had I kept that 2014 Tundra that I paid $38K for I could have sold it last week for $40K to Car Max like a coworker did. Same year and trim with 60K miles and he got $40K.

Shit…

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• There is one of those huge electronic billboards so folks can see it on the freeway. They are running an ad for the ford dealer and it says just what gina was saying. they will buy yours even if you don't buy theirs. There really is a used car shortage around here.

California cars tend to fetch a premium in the rust belts

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!