• Spending my evening and so far the night in the ER.

Old pro skating buddy of mine that I've known since my teen years came up to visit and take me to an "epic" pool in Santa Monica. He was right, the pool was epic with great carving lines and the near perfect transition to vertical.

Only problem it had a gutter instead of tiles below the coping. I went for the front side 50-50 grind over the Death Box (filter box) but unfortunately for me, I got one of my rear wheels caught in the gutter which pitched me off my deck and hit the coping with my ribs. Heard a couple of snaps and slide down the pool wall to the bottom. Buddy drove me to the ER and had to wait a bit but finally got a bed a couple of hours ago. Xray shows 2 broken ribs and 2 cracked ones and one possible sprain rib.

Fucking hurts like Hell. Morphine hasn't helped much so they are giving me stronger stuff, think it's called dilaudid but I still have to wait 2 more hours before they give it to me. Have to wait 6 hours after morphine shot and I was given one about 4 hours ago.

La Donna (wife) arrived a couple of hours ago royally pissed off and chewed the shit out of my buddy for taking me skateboarding. We had told her we were just gonna have some lunch at this place off the Venice Boardwalk.

At least my wife and I got some tickets to his band's concert cruise next year. But fuck, starting to think breaking my ribs wasn't such a good idea to get free concert tickets and a week long cruise. My wife wants me to call another skateboarding buddy and see what I can swing for a broken arm or leg. :D

“Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official.”

• Hope you mend quickly, AKAK

Brauno in a previous life, followed by LTARget. E25280 on the Forum.

SWtarget in last AH in game incarnation.

"Proudly drawing fire so my brothers may pass unharmed."

Brauno in World of Tanks.

"What is, is. What was, will be. What will be, was, but will be again." - Horseshack from Welcome Back Kotter

• Video would’ve been cool.

Heal up and try again.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Not a skateboarder but it still fits.

No. Shane Falco said that.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Broken/fucked up ribs are best healed and rehabilitated fully with bent arm pullovers (once you are well enough to start doing something like this). When you are an old man (70-80+) and they start hurting again, do this exercise with a light weight, and do sets of 30-50. EZ-Curl bars work better than the straight bar pictured. Nothing works better with rib injuries than this movement.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!