The refugess from Afghanistan may create a NEW problem with OLD traditions from there...

• I haven't read the Koran. Though my deeply fundamentalist mom did, just to find out if the shit people say about it is true. She says it is, and that Muslims are of the devil or some such shit.

And I don't doubt that there's some nasty ideas in there. Ever read the Old Testament? I have, and I've been podcasting it lately. Progress is slow but I'm into Deuteronomy now. Those Isrealites were badass back then... damn good at genociding entire peoples, and taking their cattle and/or their young virgins for themselves. Or just slaughtering everything that moves, specifically including bashing babies' brains in... depending on what God told them to do.

Does that render the Bible some kind of irredeemable filth? I used to think so- but I've changed my mind lately. Lately I do some serious praying on the weekends. Generally I ask God to bless my friends and family, and bless my enemies. I name them out sometimes, and nobody here is among my enemies. I ask Him give me the strength, courage, and wisdom I'll need to get my family through these strange times- He knows damn well that I'm lacking in all of the above. Usually I confess the sins that are laid upon my heart, ask forgiveness, and ask Him to show me his will. In Jesus name, Amen. And you wouldn't believe some of the shit he's told me. I scarcely believe some of the shit I've seen :D

I was out at the ranch the other day hanging out under the stars up on the hill above the crick. After fixing fences and visiting with family all day. The weather was awesome all weekend, and I could see the Milky Way plain as day. Which is nothing for people out here... but a rare sight if possible at all back East. I can't tell you how blessed I felt for the people in my life and for this land. I thanked God and sat there in our Polaris Ranger and cried like a little bitch for a while ;( :)

But I look out at those stars in the Milky Way, and I know that every one of them is a solar system that's far beyond anything I can comprehend. And they're like grains of sand, just in our own galaxy. Galaxies like the Milky Way are as numerous as grains of sand. Compared to the universe, we're not even bacteria. And you wanna tell me that you can contain God in one particular book written and selected by men?

Fuck off, Brother Wrag :S We're just as wrong, just as misguided, and just as insignificant as the Moose-Limbs.

A dangerous ambition more often lurks behind the specious mask of zeal for the rights of the people than under the forbidden appearance of zeal for the firmness and efficiency of government. History will teach us that the former has been found a much more certain road to the introduction of despotism than the latter.

• Why does a creation as grand as the night sky preclude a creator able to care for the least of his creations?

1. I didn't say that anything was precluded.

2. I didn't say anything about a Creator, necessarily.

A dangerous ambition more often lurks behind the specious mask of zeal for the rights of the people than under the forbidden appearance of zeal for the firmness and efficiency of government. History will teach us that the former has been found a much more certain road to the introduction of despotism than the latter.

• Indeed.

• did ya ever wonder why? why they were told to do what they were told to do?

might wanna check that out... there were reasons... gotta do a little digging...

it had to do with who they were dealing with and what those they were dealing with had done for a very long time...

there is a lot more to that book then many realize... and it was recorded...and just how angry they had made God...

and that is old testament... and applied to those times... and the type of people that existed then...

read about em... and the things they did and the practices they preformed...

the new testament is considerably different...

thing is the old covenant in the old testament stills applies to some even today...

and the new covenant applies to some... ya got read about it if ya want to understand...

if I got things right you and many that think like you are still under the Old...

I certainly do not expect you to take my word for it...

and trying to compare the happenings of what... some 3000 or 4000 years ago to modern day...

the whole world was very brutal and barbaric by later standards... puttin iron hooks in people jaws???

with the changes that occurred over time and then came the advent of Christianity...

and them claiming it is the same as Islam is pretty lame... and ignore the very core of Christianity

a little note for you... Christianity is a very different thing when compared to old testament stuff...

Dietrich Bonhoeffer: “Silence in the face of evil is itself evil. God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”

Presbyterian Rev. Gilbert Tennant:

“He that suffers his life to be taken from him by one who has no authority for that purpose, when he might preserve it by defense, incurs the Guilt of self murder since God has enjoined him to seek the continuance of his life, and Nature itself teaches every creature to defend itself.”

• Twat.... it would appear that you are more religious than I? I pretty much do the things you do. Mostly when I talk to god tho it is for favors LOL.... What I ask for is the courage and strength to get through whatever horrific thing that just happened. In the past that meant the strength to not let the beast out. I am old enough now that I can watch 'vengeance' movies without cringing.

The only other 'praying " I do is to say thanks for all the good things. I have always known there was a god and a devil. I have always known that the founders were right..... that our rights are inherent and come from god.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• But I look out at those stars in the Milky Way, and I know that every one of them is a solar system that's far beyond anything I can comprehend. And they're like grains of sand, just in our own galaxy. Galaxies like the Milky Way are as numerous as grains of sand. Compared to the universe, we're not even bacteria. And you wanna tell me that you can contain God in one particular book written and selected by men?

Isaiah 40:26:

Lift up your eyes to heaven and see.
    Who has created these things?
    It is the One who brings out their army by number;

He calls them all by name.
    Because of his vast dynamic energy and his awe-inspiring power, Not one of them is missing

Brauno in a previous life, followed by LTARget. E25280 on the Forum.

SWtarget in last AH in game incarnation.

"Proudly drawing fire so my brothers may pass unharmed."

Brauno in World of Tanks.

"What is, is. What was, will be. What will be, was, but will be again." - Horseshack from Welcome Back Kotter

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!