So, was listening to Pandora

• And the song “Mother” by Pink Floyd came on. The lyrics kinda sounded just like what the government is trying/doing to us.

Mother, do you think they'll drop the bomb?

Mother, do you think they'll like the song?

Mother, do you think they'll try to break my balls?

Ooh

Mother, should I build the wall?

Mother, should I run for president?

Mother, should I trust the government?

Mother, will they put me in the firing line?

Ooh

Is it just a waste of time?

Hush now baby, baby, don't you cry

Mama's gonna make all of your nightmares come true

Mama's gonna put all of her fears into you

Mama's gonna keep you right here under her wing

She won't let you fly but she might let you sing

Mama's gonna keep baby cosy and warm

Ooh baby

Ooh baby

Ooh baby, of course mama's gonna help build the wall

Mother do you think she's good enough?

For me?

Mother do you think she's dangerous

To me?

Mother will she tear your little boy apart?

Ooh, ah

Mother will she break my heart?

Hush now baby, baby, don't you cry

Mama's gonna check out all your girlfriends for you

Mama won't let anyone dirty get through

Mama's gonna wait up until you get in

Mama will always find out where you've been

Mama's gonna keep baby healthy and clean

Ooh baby, ooh baby

Ooh baby, you'll always be baby to me

Mother, did it need to be so high?

• I don't think Pink Floyd was trying to get a wall built...

“Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark in the hopeless swamps of the not-quite, the not-yet, and the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration for the life you deserved and have never been able to reach. The world you desire can be won. It exists.. it is real.. it is possible.. it's yours.”

―Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

• The Wall is an absolute masterpiece. Roger Waters may be a moron commie but he's a goddam musical genius.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• "In the Flesh/Run like Hell" predicts the Left's inevitable slide into fascism.

"The members of Congress know, from their colleagues in Congress, that, uh, you know, the, looks like a tornado, they don't call them that anymore, that hit the crops and wetlands in the middle of the country, in Iowa and Nevada. It's just across the board,"

• The entire album is creepily relevant after all this time.

"The members of Congress know, from their colleagues in Congress, that, uh, you know, the, looks like a tornado, they don't call them that anymore, that hit the crops and wetlands in the middle of the country, in Iowa and Nevada. It's just across the board,"

• Rondar, you have to listen to "The Wall" in its entirety to understand the song "Mother".

Please do it as fast as you can.

Better yet, watch the whole thing remastered. It's a masterpiece.

Playlist:

“Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark in the hopeless swamps of the not-quite, the not-yet, and the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration for the life you deserved and have never been able to reach. The world you desire can be won. It exists.. it is real.. it is possible.. it's yours.”

• I think when the album and movie were made traditionalists were portrayed as fascist totalitarians. My how times have changed.

We don't need no education

We don't need no thought control

No dark sarcasm in the classroom

Teachers leave them kids alone

Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

• Indeed.

Amazing how relevant the album is today.

• The whole Album is a Mans decent into Mental Illness.

‘If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.’

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!