The hidden tax

• Twat... I know it was a troll but ..... you would rather live under the united states of soros? You realize that he has declared many times that destroying America would be his greatest accomplishment? You realize he put Prosecutors in power across the nation that release violent criminals back into the population? How would you feel if you and your shrink or family was attacked by someone soros put back on the street?

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Asians have never played fair in the trade wars. Trump knew this and didn't owe shit to the chinks. Thebiden is a chink puppet.

lazs

Yeah well the Cannucks fucked us as well in the tubing industry. ATI industries was the gold star best supplier of small diameter stainless steel tubing and strip strip stock which other steel mills bought to make their own tubing. It was the most expensive and in the highest demand and they decided to quit making it all together. There were some reasons given but they really didn't make much sense. I've wondered who exactly greased their wheels to fuck the industry over that badly. After they quit our lead-times tripled and prices doubled for lower quality products.

• Remember that Trump was not taking any shit off the canadians either. probly the real reason chief shittingbullshit and the milo don't like him.

My daughter is a welder. she said that for a year or so under Trump they were getting good American steel. Now it is the chink shit again.

lazs

• Tell your daughter if she wants the Tweco spool gun for the i215 it's hers for the asking.

The machine blew a board and isn't worth repairing.

I'll send her the box too if she wants it. Two of the boards are still good.

• I don't know what that is storch but sounds generous. I will tell her.

Normal people are noticing stuff like this with everything going to shit around us.... it was not like that under Truimp.

lazs

• Yeah well the Cannucks fucked us as well in the tubing industry. ATI industries was the gold star best supplier of small diameter stainless steel tubing and strip strip stock which other steel mills bought to make their own tubing. It was the most expensive and in the highest demand and they decided to quit making it all together. There were some reasons given but they really didn't make much sense. I've wondered who exactly greased their wheels to fuck the industry over that badly. After they quit our lead-times tripled and prices doubled for lower quality products.

A division of Samuel tube group a US company. The Markham location is under Doug Ford's covid controls.

I cant find a reason why they stopped but I would guess it's a lack of workers ATM.

• A division of Samuel tube group a US company. The Markham location is under Doug Ford's covid controls.

I cant find a reason why they stopped but I would guess it's a lack of workers ATM.

They shut it down for good. I was told they were changing over to something "more profitable".

Which makes no sense because of what they were getting and the market demand. Theirs was the absolute best tubing in North America if not the world. And commanded a price accordingly. I just can't see why a company at the very top of the food chain just bails on something like that. Up until they shut down when I would get quotes I would specifically request their tubing or a mill who used their strip to make the tubing.

Now in contrast I just rejected 10,000ft of 3/8" tubing this week because the weld seam was shit. And this isn't the first time since ATI shutdown.

• Well..... tarrifs and the so-called free trade must have made it unprofitable,then covid hit and most factories shut down to skeleton crews.

My point is it was/is a US satellite plant as the parent company is from the USof A.

I don't think the first part had anything to do with it. Everyone over here was willing to pay more for the best product. I do believe it may have been someone somewhere has a bigger long term plan and it has nothing good in mind for North American manufacturing. Just look at the market percentage shift to Asian (AKA Chicom) stainless since the closure.

Personally if I was one of their competitors in North America, I'd go after their midlevel employees. I'd hire every single one I could that knew how they were doing it so well.

• There are reports that say the Chinks are hording sea containers to drive up shipping cost for everyone besides themselves.

You have this exactly backwards. All the empty containers are stacked up in the US. The problem is that when the US economy started opening up, there was a surge of imports and without a similar surge in exports. Ports simply got backed up. The railheads in Chicago are backed up . . . they shut down rail traffic between LA and Chicago to try to relieve the pressure. There's lines of container ships off Long beach.

https://www.businessinsider.co…k-california-ports-2021-8

Ships sit off the coast of Seal Beach, CA, on Tuesday, January 26, 2021. Cargo ships enduring one of the worst U.S. port bottlenecks in more than a decade faced down another obstacle as they waited to offload near the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach

We had 2 pallets sitting in a container in Tacoma for three months waiting to be unloaded. List goes on and on.

So, empty containers are stacking up HERE and aren't getting loaded on return ships to SE Asia because the ports are trying to get everything UNloaded.

More domestic production of the goods everyone wants would certainly help, but that ship sailed long ago (no pun intended). There may be some enterprising folks out there trying to start up, but that takes time. In the meantime, we will have shortages due to shipping delays, more expensive shipments because of lack of containers in exporting countries, and higher rates as shipping companies need to build the delays into their pricing structure. We've heard the spot market has gone from $3-5K for a 20' container to $20K to get from SE Asia to the West Coast. More scarcity, higher transit costs, all means higher prices we've already been experiencing to some degree already. We're likely to experience even more to come.

Brauno in a previous life, followed by LTARget. E25280 on the Forum.

SWtarget in last AH in game incarnation.

"Proudly drawing fire so my brothers may pass unharmed."

Brauno in World of Tanks.

"What is, is. What was, will be. What will be, was, but will be again." - Horseshack from Welcome Back Kotter

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!