Dream Cars

• I have a chance to buy one of my dream cars. Well... close enough. It's a 1985 Buick Grand National that's been sitting in a barn for 10 years (the owner was killed in a vehicle maintenance accident). It needs work, but looks to be a good starting point for building one of my favorite rides of all time. I'm buying it from an estate, so we'll see how that goes. My fingers are crossed. The picture is not the actual vehicle... though the bits and pieces are all the same.

85-GN.jpg

• I had a 1966 Chevelle. I sold it after getting all the rust removed (when we finally bought a new home). The investor who bought my old house to remodel/flip paid me cash for it on the spot and decided to finish it:

SCdrICQP7PpogRVqh2hwo_HshjRX6kHH9KhzrR8KBIO0RzUAbMJzr0JqQVIR5R9Oksx-OHue01nqcElFTaNKdiAky5cmCkB7Y6_ok78r8ISv2671_BVa86fQoO_Slpk20dZuRGOi09Q2-0e79Yf2C7XDyLcHtaP4TGlW00rR4wjYMHTSNMcQxyOvLGVqwR8HowEbHfO8wMWtUcmqxBF8Lr3MakRV16abT6y9HMiPXM4duJTXSrMF6ahVwtzLV193Z-lPBApOn5pYDHrJ3wszRjoL6aTR7sMoxJ4zdIPeAr39Y5KZPyiXjyCLter8PSXy3feRpXZtp9KIZntaXzO_VyUb_VXDhfrOEphzbkRd7pCF4YPhzAB8PzOB4_R89env3QF1WxXeJld6EY8GLq3Z10CzO1NDr_s96FaGkVIyVW90OSNV4ETqWTAb9AAjItIHNTprf_W-Xur3HnslcWK2cu-DCBPgKBQhDWHeKxoB-dIbm1Sw93Nj7LyktnQ10LWuJuyb1IsUX02lp-IMDB12UMb4i9-hn8EsZaIPd8VDM5Z2w3yBMtQ66sxOF3oLm8ctklFvWoqXqVDPCxtyqaMLjM5lWoz9l5Z--d2ot27T278s3GEtK4l2lydG-PC4wP2azB0jOmE2WIONJjgpa480hu1rUOxkpUBHCUda0MOXBVelQ40JEzsFdA8vqlUS008kh23ohG9LQCv89LXFD05np5s=w640-h480-no?authuser=0

• You can identify an unknown force by firing one shot and judging the response.

- If the unknowns respond with precise, regimented rifle fire, they are British.

- If they respond with heavy machinegun fire, they are German.

- If nothing happens for a few minutes, then your whole position gets leveled by artillery, they are American.

- If they surrender, they're French.

:littlered

• My Brother's GTR XU1. The insurance company valued it at 130K. He paid about 110k less 20 odd years ago

You can identify an unknown force by firing one shot and judging the response.

- If the unknowns respond with precise, regimented rifle fire, they are British.

- If they respond with heavy machinegun fire, they are German.

- If nothing happens for a few minutes, then your whole position gets leveled by artillery, they are American.

- If they surrender, they're French.

:littlered

• I wish I would have kept this, but back then...who knew.

‘If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.’

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

• I have a chance to buy one of my dream cars. Well... close enough. It's a 1985 Buick Grand National that's been sitting in a barn for 10 years (the owner was killed in a vehicle maintenance accident). It needs work, but looks to be a good starting point for building one of my favorite rides of all time. I'm buying it from an estate, so we'll see how that goes. My fingers are crossed. The picture is not the actual vehicle... though the bits and pieces are all the same.

85-GN.jpg

My dad has an 87 he bought new off the lot. I got a couple speeding and 1 "not stopping at a stop sign" tickets in it when I was a kid. It's had a lot of mods but it is in excellent condition.

I've been bugging him for the last 15 years or so to sell it to me. One of these days I'll catch him at the right time and he'll crack.

• My dream car/s now are all hot rods. I love the ICON motors resto mods. I am going to try to do that with my C10 Already got the LS conversion done along with the suspension mods. wheels tires etc. I have the paint lined up and my buddy wants to do the vintage air system.

We have been doing little stuff for a few weeks now. New door hinges new mounts etc. Believe it or not one of the hardest was replacing both window regulators. I did not want power windows. You can now roll these up and down with two fingers.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Yeah... has a couple of those with 383 4 speeds.... at one time they were as cheap a muscle car as you could get. surprisingly fast and the drive trains are bullet proof. the electrics suck in all of the mopars of the day tho.

lazs

• Yep... I love resto mods. Not sure I would want a 'restored' jag with all the problems it had/has. If they got rid of the entire drive train and electrical and replaced it with something that looked like it was born there? well... That is what I am trying to do with my truck. Really like this guys work.

lazs

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yeah... has a couple of those with 383 4 speeds.... at one time they were as cheap a muscle car as you could get. surprisingly fast and the drive trains are bullet proof. the electrics suck in all of the mopars of the day tho.

lazs

Dad had a 69 hemi roadrunner. That engine was incredible.

• The eagle is not a restomod,it's a totally built car,nothing like the OG Etype.It's an all ali body to boot and if you have the coin you can have it built to your specs.

When I was a kid a friend of Dad's had a 64 E type,only the 6 banger but it was a fun ride. He would pick me up at lunch from school and we'd go for a drive,huge difference from Dad's usual buick,lincoln or caddie that he drove. We had tons of cars,often people would just leave them on our lot cause they couldnt afford to fix them. I could have had many different cool cars back then but I was into bikes and never owned a car until I was 18.

Well thats not completely true I did have several field cars,you know the type you brought a gallon of gas and a gallon of oil for a 10 minute ride!

• I want a car that has the body and look of the older car/truck but all the best stuff under the chassis. There are some nice 55-62 Vettes with all modern vette chassis

lazs

• My neighbor used to have a bunch of vettes,either 19 or 21 I dont recall the exact number.Most were sold after he passed,his wife kept her 66 and has a 2011/12.

I was lucky enough to drive quite a few of them,his 66 396 4 speed and her 66 396 auto looked cool sitting out in the drive but he let me take the 67 around the block and while fast as fuck it rode like a truck. Sue also had a sweet 60,another truck..... They look nice but thats about it.

• I took a 2018 for a test drive,was ok but I just couldnt get past all the cheap shit inside,it's like they sourced all the buttons and shit from the parts bin,I guess thats why they cost half of what a real sports car cost.

The new ones are outrageously expensive but at least they put the engine where it belongs.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!