Building plastic models

• ‘If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.’

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

• Relatively modern jets have sharp lines delineating colors in camouflage. What do you use to separate the colors?

Unless they are straight lines or angled straight lines I free and everything with the airbrush. I did an F-4 Phantom once for the pilot that was flying the plane, and on that one I used paper and I just held it with my hand in place so that it wasn't tight to the plastic because even though they might look like sharp lines they're not really sharp lines. But the airbrush is really good at getting a good soft line or even a hard line if you adjusted correctly and send the paints correctly. But if you needed to you can just cut out paper and then tack it down with some very light masking tape that doesn't have a lot of stickiness to it . Or just put it on your finger if you times so that doesn't hold very well .

• I guess some do and some don't. I see feathering on the edges of some. I'll see how sharp an edge I can make.

If you adjust the air pressure down and take the very tip off the airbrush and thin the paint down to the consistency of 2% milk or maybe even a little thinner you can make lines as fine is a pencil .

You probably want to shoot for around 10 psi or something like that but just experiment.

You don't want to put a razor sharp line on camouflage though because what will happen is the line will be razor sharp and then when you fill it in it won't be as dark. You want a nice soft line that you can transition into the rest of the color

• I started on the A-37 but didn't get very far. The Tamiya glue has a strong odor so I ordered and received a small fan to vent out my window. I'll finish it this weekend. The model is so small it's hard to work with. Supposed to be 1/72 scale but it's physically half the size of the 1/72 A-7D I bought.

• I ended up getting this airbrush set. i've started doing more detailed work so using the can compressed airbrushes aren't cutting it anymore. i know the compressor is on the cheap side but the main reason i got it was for the airbrush itself, good quality. i can always get a better compressor as i gain more experience.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod…tle_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

i also got an extra airbrush

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod…tle_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

another thing i got was masking paint instead of masking tape. Going to see if it makes it easier than using masking tape, it is supposed to be.

“Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official.”

• That looks very similar to my compressor, it's been motoring on for about three years.

You can identify an unknown force by firing one shot and judging the response.

- If the unknowns respond with precise, regimented rifle fire, they are British.

- If they respond with heavy machinegun fire, they are German.

- If nothing happens for a few minutes, then your whole position gets leveled by artillery, they are American.

- If they surrender, they're French.

:littlered

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!