Home Prices

• Cause and effect. Shut down your economy. Create a huge amount of money/debt. There are unavoidable consequences. How severe and lasting are the only questions.

• 3 years ago I paid $20k for my 2013 F250 gasser from a place near Daytona (Even now only has 91k miles) They email me once a month trying to get me to sell it back

You could easily sell it for the same price. The problem is like housing, you're not going to be able to replace it.

• You could easily sell it for the same price. The problem is like housing, you're not going to be able to replace it.

Yup. And $20k was a great deal for a 4X4 XLT even THEN. Having said that, I'd prefer a diesel, but it took me most of a year to find that truck, which was 800 miles from home. Vast majority of 250's were $25k+

• I'm never parting with my 7.3

As soon as I'm done with the Ranger I'm going to buy a Fleet owned XL single cab shortbed and make a custom Platinum/King Ranch as my personal.

Looking for the correct buy. 2002 or early 03 with the last of the 7.3s

• I'm never parting with my 7.3

As soon as I'm done with the Ranger I'm going to buy a Fleet owned XL single cab shortbed and make a custom Platinum/King Ranch as my personal.

Looking for the correct buy. 2002 or early 03 with the last of the 7.3s

A fleet vehicle with a fresh rebuilt 7.3 will last an eternity.

• Anybody know anything about these diesel Colorado ZR2's? Saw one on the job the other day and was impressed. The owner claims it has great range. It looked just like this one, but had a topper on the back.

We had a leased 2018 ZR2 (gas) when we got rid of our last full size Duramax 2500 (had 3 of them over the years), posted about it before a couple/few years back, but a friend of mine has the ZR2 diesel. He loves it, big Ford diesel guy, it's him I got our diesel Expedition from long ago. Anyhow, he says the ZR2 is great, the little diesel is more than enough power to pull his 21" boat around or his trailer with quads/Seadoos.

There are some YT vids of stock ZR2 Duramax trucks putting 190 HP and 375 Ft/lbs to the wheels on dyno tests. Pretty decent IMO. So far as range, I'll ask, pretty sure my friend will have a computer/tune set up for max range, he drives between the lower mainland/Abbotsford and his lake house in Kelowna year round, ton of highway miles (kms).

If you do want the diesel motor, and want to buy/lease new, you only have a year or two left, GM says they are shitcanning the Duramax/diesel and V6 gas motors in the entire line of these mid size trucks, and going with a turbo 4 of some type (lame).

• Thanks GMan! It looks like a really great little truck for a Roadwhore like myself. Pop the tools and luggage in the back and gobble up the asphalt to the next town. Right now I'm using our Exploder for the task, but it will be ready for retirement soon.

• I know it doesn't fit your purpose, but I'd like to check out the 2021 Escalade Diesel myself. Not interested in buying/leasing one, but I'd just like to see how that motor and powertrain is in the Escalade new platform. 27mpg they claim, which is very good for such a large heavy SUV, great range too, 28.3 gallon tank should give close to 750 mile range capability. 1200km for Canadian metric distance, that'd get me from home in Calgary to Abbotsford/lower mainland easily without needing to stop to refuel.

• Ok... here? in California.... you can 'remodel' a home. Fixer upper? LOL... What they do is take a pile of shit ghetto home ($300k) and tear down the entire thing except for one wall. then build an new home around that one wall.. After final inspection that wall comes down too.

NOTHING in my city goes for less than $300K

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Here in Western Canada home prices have been sort of stable-ish for a bit. In the early to mid 2000s it was insane though.

I built a new home in 2000, low 2000-ish sq feet, front attach garage, large pie lot in a new development area. I was in the mid $100k range, IIRC around $165k CAD. It sold (my x wife got it) in 2006 6 years later for $450. The home I'd bought in 2004 which was $300k CAD ish sold for $250k more than I paid for it in 2006 as well. The home the missus and I bought in Ft McMurray in 2006 for $450 ish sold for high $915k CAD, 5 years after we bought it as well. Pretty crazy increases, for better or worse, in terms of housing costs from 2004 to 2011 or so in Alberta. After getting wiped out in my divorce, I was fortunate to get in/out at the right time on my primary residences, which you don't have to pay cap gains tax on here in Canada, it's essentially free money. A couple rental properties we've owned (none now) over that period did ok as well, not as much $$$ gained, but certainly very profitable still.

I don't know how new young families can start out these days in Canada. My monthly mortgage payment including interest and property tax was $950 a month CAD after putting about $15k down, on our new home we built in 1999/2000. That home now is close to $3k a month and needs at least $30k, more likely $50k as a down payment for even a well qualified buyer(s). That's a lot for a young family unless they're making very good salaries.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!