Mowed The Yard

• Yep, I'm posting about something so mundane that folks will give an eternal sigh.

I've had some anxiety about this. Yet, I finally succumbed to the pressure of the Joneses. They were out there mowing every day and my grass was really getting high, maybe a foot in places. Then they know I have all this technology tucked in my garage, Husqvarana 48 inch deck, twin cylinders with 24 horsepower.

My great fear was will the mower start, is the battery dead, does the tank have gas, and are the tires flat. It's that first time mowing jitters.

I jumped on the tractor, stuck in the key, put my foot on the brake/clutch, and gave the key a twist. The thing cranked very well but it didn't start. I went to full choke, cranked again, nope. Then I backed off the choke to a lower setting, nope. Rested for a second and tried again, Yaye, she started. Then I jumped off to open the garage door. Didn't want to die from carbon monoxide. Went to restart and it was again hesitant, then started again and then a loud backfire but she kept running.

Put her in gear and took off. Still a little worried about gas but what the heck. If it stops I'll run down to the station. As it turned out she mowed quite well and ran great. I was going full speed around the yard. It was getting dark so I turned on the headlights to show everyone I had a big boy tractor.

Didn't take long to mow and, of course quite satisfying.

Another cool thing is last year I bought a cordless weed trimmer. After I quit mowing I thought I would grab it off the pegs and see if it had some juice. It did! Even after a long winter. What a blessing that was. Love that thing, no gas, no endless tugging, no oil, just pull the trigger and go.

• I have had cordless mowers and they have gotten better but they are cheaply built in my opinion compared to a normal gas mower. The last one I had cost $400 and the charger went out in two years. I bought another charger and something else went wrong. basically the thing lasted around 3 years.

It was pretty potent tho and a mulching mower. It would actually have plenty of juice to mow 4 small lawns in one charge and even handle tall grass.

Deck was not as wide as conventional mowers. When it died I bought a conventional mower that is 5 hp. one pull start. I have used it for almost 3 years and only paid about $175 for it at tractor supply. At this point it is the way to go for me.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• I put a little more than the recommended dose of Seafoam fuel treatment in all of my small engines. I mix it in my gas containers, that way it is always, always treated. This way the carburetor is not getting gunked up and fuel stays fresher. Arrow, get yourself a little charger like a Battery Tender brand... something made for the small batteries such as motorcycle, mower, etc. I keep my Bad Boy mower battery charged all winter long. I just make sure to charge it 2-3 times in winter and before I go to use it to make sure it is fully charged.

My little battery tender charger will do maintenance such as desulfate the battery plates after fully charging. It keeps the battery in good shape.

• Same. "cept I use Stabil.

‘If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.’

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

• Yeah, what Rhonda said, then drain the tank and run it dry in the fall.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Electric SUCKS, no balls, don’t do it.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• I grabbed this one on sale last fall, put it to work about a month ago. Took the weeds out and some of the dirt before I adjusted my technique. I’ll never use electric again.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!