Texas pushes closer to dropping handgun license requirement

• The only good from it (assuming it fails which I think is most likely), is that the input from the public has been colossal in favor of it. The legislators in Austin got an avalanche of Pro 2A support so it will scare the shit out of them when it comes to future gun legislation. There are also bills on deck to legalize suppressors without the federal registration. These would be marked "MADE IN TEXAS" and it would be (highly) illegal to move them across a state line - but within Texas you are good to go. Personally this is the one I want them to pass.

The constitutional carry was so popular that in the last month, on three occasions, I had 2A activists actually knock on my door to urge me to call/mail my reps. I have never seen this before in the last 20 years (any "activist" coming to a door to sales pitch an issue). I was cordial to them, despite the fact that I have several stay the fuck off my property signs. They know that the kind of people who have such signs are friendly to all things 2A, and they are correct. Shit, if I had the smoker going, I would have offered them some ribs or someshit.

• The "Electorate" could not get a hint if attached to a baseball bat upside the head.

‘If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.’

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

• Been thinking about the issue a lot....

I love having the instant no wait background check the CHL permit gives when buying a firearm, and of course the reciprocity it gives with other states. I like things the way they are because of those two things.

Having said that, I am willing to give this up for the greater good though. I like moving the needle towards more freedom, always, because you have to. You have to move goalposts against Libs because they do this all the time. You have to put as many barriers in the way as possible.

Next point, this legislation applies to GOOD LAWFUL people only. The kind who WOULD get a permit. The shitbags and criminals are not going to get a permit, and they already have guns.

I mean, shit, if I was a criminal, and wasn't legal to own - from reading local police reports, I can tell you the easiest way to get a gun illegally in TX, is to go a nice suburb (say Plano TX), and go check unlocked car doors in driveways at 4am. Open and check glovebox, rinse wash repeat. You'll get one within 1 or 2 streets IMHO. Hell you have a good chance of getting one on the first try.

Next, I don't fear "untrained yahoos with handguns" in public. They have always been there, so the way things are... are... the way things will remain IMHO.

The dumbasses who would monkey-fuck a round in their crotch while holstering appendix are going to do it to themselves regardless. Most of these idiots shoot themselves in the comfort of their own homes so nothing changes. Darwinism is generally a good thing - keeps the gene pool clean.

Texas has allowed permit-less carry of long guns forever, and I don't see it as a problem, so handguns wouldn't be either IMHO. It's also been the case you could carry a pistol in in your vehicle, or to-and-from your vehicle forever without permit.

It's not going to change much of anything IMHO.

Finally, it will encourage bed wetting liberals to leave Texas, and encourage good like minded people (like myself!) to come live in Texas.

So yeah, I'm ok with it, if it passes.

• The best way to get a gun in Texas or anywhere... Go to the local mall that has the sign on the door that says "FIREARMS PROHIBITED" and start pulling handles on all the pickups with NRA stickers in the back windows.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• Ok... 'sensible' is not a decepticrat concept. but..............why would you or i have to go through a background check? we have plenty of guns and background checks already.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!