Cryptocurrency

• Since the wallet can be moved simply by copying the wallet folder that does indeed make it a security risk. Anyone who can access your machine though a hack or malware could copy your wallet folder giving them access to your Chia. It does make sense to create a wallet to hold your Chia then delete the folder or move it offline to a safe place. Restore it when you want to use it. I dunno but I don't like the idea of the wallet being so easily accessible as copying a folder. I've cleaned up the aftermath of too much ransomware and malware.

• If/when I get some currency in my wallet I'll test by simply installing chia on a new machine and copy the wallet folder over. If the currency is then available to me on that new machine I'll definitely plan to keep any currency in a different offline wallet.

• I guess since the sync db retained the previously removed plots I could just copy the db again when I fill up this second drive and move it over. I'll make a backup before doing that.

• Was reading a little more on the boot without kb attached Elf. You have UEFI enabled? If not that may be the issue. Don't change it or your PC won't boot, maybe even if you change it back. You must use the setting that was active when you installed windows. If you want to change it you'll need to repartition and reinstall Windows. If you decide to go that route you'll want to run diskpart and do a clean, not just delete the partition in the partition manager gui.

• I have no idea on that one Iron.

That said, the fix will be here Wednesday and until then if I have to restart the old box for some reason I'll just hotplug the monitor. Once the switch/cables get here it will be as easy as hitting the switch and it will be reliable. That's my kind of fix. :biggrin

• You'll have to determine if the old PC can detect the KVM and still boot when the KVM is switched to the new PC. If not then you'll want to switch to the old PC when you boot/reboot it. Once booted you can switch back.

• There may be a few microsecond delays added to the mouse and keyboard going through the KVM. Don't let my grandsons use the computer for FPS games if you don't want to hear complaints.

:wink

• You'll have to determine if the old PC can detect the KVM and still boot when the KVM is switched to the new PC. If not then you'll want to switch to the old PC when you boot/reboot it. Once booted you can switch back.

I plan on hitting the switch before rebooting and once everything is up and running again switching back. It's the simplest way to ensure it works every time.

• There may be a few microsecond delays added to the mouse and keyboard going through the KVM. Don't let my grandsons use the computer for FPS games if you don't want to hear complaints.

:wink

There aren't any games on the old box now and no room for them either really so we're safe. :biggrin

• #unsubscribe

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• Did you get past the initial load screen on chia yet elfie?

I haven't gotten the connecting to wallet thing since I deleted that file and plotting is going well with one at 31%, another at 12% and I just started a third. Thanks for posting that.

Instead of scheduling the delayed starts I've started each parallel plot manually and now I'll add 10 or so more to the queue and see if my SSD fills up like Iron's did. In theory once the first plot is done and the plot transferred to the HDD the next plot in that line should start before the 2nd one finishes w/o starting 4th parallel plot.

• When adding plots to the queue I've noticed that when I add the first one under status it says queued but once I add a second the status on the first one changes to plotting, is this normal? Or am I doing something incorrectly again? Heh...

• Does that work?

Alas... No.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• heads up, issue with chia syncing. looks to be a hot fix out there according to keybase

I'm fully synced now.

Looking back I did two things right before I got the "connecting to wallet" issue. First, I added more than one plot to the queue and then when the first one's status changed to plotting instead of queued I tried to delete that plot. I wonder if that is a sync issue?