Cryptocurrency

• Chia requires drive space, not processing power. Though there is some initial processing in creating the plots a GPU is not used.

• Chia requires drive space, not processing power. Though there is some initial processing in creating the plots a GPU is not used.

Then why aren't you using a cloud provider? Storage is the cheapest shit their is and it scales on a button click.

Edited once, last by indy: edit: and when you burn out the drives from writes, it's not your drive. It's hilarious that somebody came up with a crypto that eats drives lol. ().

• Whether possible or not to farm your plots in the cloud we're talking terabytes and no small number. Too early for me to say but 20-30 terabytes may be too small to see significant money.

• Whether possible or not to farm your plots in the cloud we're talking terabytes and no small number. Too early for me to say but 20-30 terabytes may be too small to see significant money.

Intrigued me so I did some reading and phoned a friend who's very into crypto. First words out of his mouth were that HD manufacturers were changing their warranties because of this. Too funny. If you need a shitload of turn-key space, definitely the cloud, and since this is write-based and writing the plots burns out your drives, put them on somebody else's drive and scale-by-click. People already do cloud based mining, even on MS Azure, this seems very ideal for it until they catch on and make pricing adjustments if it has a big enough impact.

• It's the 3x markup video cards that get you on the rig building lol.

Plenty of cheap coins though, and Musk is PumperInChief. Just follow the Doge to victory.

Goddam, aren't you just the negative Nancy.

By the way, I made a bit off the whole GameStop fiasco you said was too late to get into...

• Goddam, aren't you just the negative Nancy.

By the way, I made a bit off the whole GameStop fiasco you said was too late to get into...

I'm just over here trying to play a video game now and again without some shitty miners running off with all the new cards.

Good for you. Not into Reddit based gambling but that was a fun one to watch.

• From the Chia FAQ, once created, a plot can be farmed for an estimated 5 years. The writing is done when the plot is created. The farming is almost all read I believe. Creating a lot of plots will sure be hard on the temp drive, especially an SSD which is what you want to use to speed up the creation.

• From the Chia FAQ, once created, a plot can be farmed for an estimated 5 years. The writing is done when the plot is created. The farming is almost all read I believe. Creating a lot of plots will sure be hard on the temp drive, especially an SSD which is what you want to use to speed up the creation.

Probably why our build called for like 6 cooling fans.

• what kind of delay on the read for the cloud? Because your plots are turnt down if they take longer than 30 seconds to read. I've ready of folks not farming successful due to this delay.

It depends on your storage options. On Google Cloud you can hang 24 SSD partitions for 9 TB per VM instance @ 2.4 million reads & 1.2 million writes per second with 9gb/sec throughput. Host the farmer on Google App Engine and latency is negligible. As you want to scale just duplicate the instance (by that I mean spin up new empty ones, not dupe your plots).

• Looks like I'm going to exceed the capacity on my 2TB drive with the current plots in progress (2 4TB drives arrive Thurs). Doesn't appear to be a way to pause a plot. If you stop the program you start over from scratch on any plots in progress. Guess I'll delete the partition on one of my SSDs and extend the volume on my HDD. Can do that on the fly without rebooting.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!