Visiting your city

• you should have visited the U-505 in chicongo, I saw it the first time in '86

Governments rest on the consent of the governed, and that it is the right of the people to alter or abolish them at will whenever they become destructive of the ends for which they were established. - President Jefferson Davis

• Holden, what's the deal with the shack out in the water?

That's Spring Creek here in Klamath County and the shed houses a pump where the land owner gets some water. Just over freezing water temperature and a good flow makes for some excellent trout fishing.

• You can see our lake from space; there's no need to come here.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• I did visit shitcago, for one of my sons graduating navy boot camp. I didn't go anywhere else.

But my one shitcago place is the dog tag memorial.

That's on my list to see when I get up that way.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Well that looks stupid as fuck.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• It's hard for me to name something interesting for the place I've lived practically my whole life. Go east and you hit Philly. Go west and you hit the Amish (careful, they drive buggies on highways). Go south and you hit Mushroom farms. There's an small lake near here that sucks for sailing. Horse Shows galore. The tourist traps are so mundane that it's hard for me to name them.

• It's hard for me to name something interesting for the place I've lived practically my whole life. Go east and you hit Philly. Go west and you hit the Amish (careful, they drive buggies on highways). Go south and you hit Mushroom farms. There's an small lake near here that sucks for sailing. Horse Shows galore. The tourist traps are so mundane that it's hard for me to name them.

I've probably been to all of them in your area. My 'one' place is the christmas tree farm where we'd cut down our tree each year.

One year we had a shitty car, but still made the trip. No rack on the roof, just tied that shit through cracked windows. It was really cold. I was really pregnant and miserable. It was a lot more fun when the kids were old enough to help cut the trees with dad. :) that's my one PA (ish) spot.

• you were right, lazs. It was just about each persons tow. Air is always forgiven, though. Because everything he writes is enjoyable to read.

LOL, thanks Mom- but if you're talking about towns then Ukiah is a total shithole not worth visiting. The leadership up here is a joke- I used to post online about them and I thought it was funny stuff, if I do say so myself- but hand wringing hippie progressives are too concerned for Mother Earth to have a sense of humor... it takes hard drinking dope smoking hippies like me to have a sense of humor.

Anyway they organized a boycott of my business after a particularly nasty exchange, which was amusing because all my work is outside the area but whatever- eventually I got bored with local politics in general and stupid people in particular so I quit trolling them.

There's a couple of decent restaurants up here but for the most part the progressives ruined it, and now it's all grants and gov't and welfare- and transients- I try to avoid driving through town because the streets are shit.

Lately I've been so focused on work I don't have time for it anyway.

• Planning a trip to Chicago in April to watch the Braves play at Wrigley Field. It's something my wife has wanted to do for years.

No reciprocity for my CCW permit, not surprised.

Then I looked at the crime statistics map of the area. AYFKM?? I don't care if the damn tickets were free, I'm not walking into a war zone unarmed.

Have you guys seen this shit? I mean, I knew it was bad but I guess I assumed it was mostly the old neighborhoods. Wrong, it's the entire city!

https://data.cityofchicago.org/widgets/dfnk-7re6

Looks like we will be going back to Atlanta this year. Just saved me a bunch of money so it's all good.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• "So in your area, what's the one must-see place?"

There's more:

flamewarriors.net/index.php?attachment/3872/flamewarriors.net/index.php?attachment/3873/

As long as you're leaving, you're on the right track.

There's actually a few interesting things to see and do, just none worth the effort. Shitty food, shitty roads, shitty people, shitty weather, beaches suck and there's nothing worth seeing up close that's not better viewed while flying over the dump. The only reason to come here is either losing a bet or grabbing a paycheck.

And Razer, it's sorta near there I guess. But so are 10 other just as shitty areas right around there that were substantially less shitty before niggerization as well.

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.