If you could not live in America where would you live?

• We could go in breezers FwonFiddy

Hey you'd love this truck- I have a camper shell that'll fit it but after removing a tree yesterday and taking it to the dump I need the bed open. It doesn't have 4x4, or a slider back window- it's clean. We'll find out today how it pulls a boat... we're driving up the Coast in early June to Oregon, and Steph wants to take the Corolla cause it gets 37MPG but I want to take Fiddy but- then again- windy hiway in my Corolla go kart?

• Great, another car from back east in the fast lane.

Wonderful.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• https://freebeacon.com/politic…hlake-texas-school-board/

There is yet hope

NBC News Laments ‘Bitterly Divided’ School Board Election After Woke Activists Lose in Landslide

Voters rejected plan to mandate inclusion training and ban microaggressions

nbc-news.jpg

After voters in Southlake, Texas, rejected the efforts of left-wing activists to mandate "cultural competence" training in K-12 schools, NBC News lamented the "bitterly divided" contest, even though two-thirds of the electorate backed candidates who opposed the controversial proposal.

The Comcast subsidiary's reporting on the election results is almost comically biased in its framing of the dispute. The election, which saw unusually high turnout compared with similar contests, is described as a showdown between candidates who "supported new diversity and inclusion training requirements" for students and teachers on one side, and "those backed by a political action committee that was formed last year to defeat the plan."

The activist-backed proposal, unveiled in 2020, called for mandating cultural sensitivity training from "enrollment to graduation," establishing a "systemic process for consistently tracking and reporting microaggressions and incidents of discrimination," and creating a Director of Equity and Inclusion position with an annual salary of $125,000. The NBC News report described opponents as either "conservative" or "white," while its backers were merely "pro-diversity."

• "pro diversity" really? How bout being pro choice and allowing vouchers for school choice.... that would get us some choice and some diversity

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• The proposed program runs K-12 and reeks of indoctrination. Parents are sick of this shit....and rightly killed it.

Any time the Western way of war can be unleashed on an enemy stupid enough to enter its arena, victory is assured. Victor Davis Hanson

• That's a pretty good job for the black lesbian hispanic (and therefore the only qualified candidate) who was living in the district...

That's a lot of money for an employee who isn't actually going to be doing any real work...

Any time the Western way of war can be unleashed on an enemy stupid enough to enter its arena, victory is assured. Victor Davis Hanson

• Steph could never go for it, but I could- When I was stationed at Nha Be in 1971 I had a "mama san" that took care of business. I rented a hooch and it was one of half a dozen and we all shit in a ditch, and there was one faucet for all of us and I was the only GI there... yeah man, I could go back.

• https://www.breitbart.com/poli…-state-blue-state-divide/

Annual Rich States, Poor States Report: Winners, Losers Fall Along Red State/Blue State Divide

The three authors of the study — Jonathan Williams, Arthur B. Laffer, and Stephen Moore — noted on a conference call with reporters on Tuesday that the winners and losers fall along the blue state/red state divide.

The Top 10 most prosperous states are, in order: Utah, Florida, Oklahoma, Wyoming, North Carolina, Indiana, Nevada, North Dakota, Texas, and South Dakota.

Only two of those states —Nevada and North Carolina — have Democrat governors.

Laffer discussed the bottom 10 states on the call:

“Look at those guys, New York, Vermont, New Jersey, Illinois, Minnesota, California, Oregon, Maine, Hawaii Rhode Island, Maryland, Connecticut,” Laffer said. “Look at what their policies are, and flip the ledger over and do the exact opposite.”

“You’ll have a great state,” Laffer said.

Of the bottom 10 states only two — Vermont and Maryland — have Republican governors.

Moore said competition between states rather than federal control is the key to economic success:

Unfortunately the Biden administration has wanted to do is reduce a lot of those competitive factors in between states. They want to federalize a lot of these activities, whether it’s on healthcare or education or a blue state bailout, or bringing back the state and local tax deduction, which I think is a terrible idea.

“I think New York and California should have the right to raise taxes on their citizens if they want to, but they shouldn’t be able to export those taxes to people in other states. So we need to preserve the federalism system.”

“It works fantastically and it rewards states for doing the right things and, frankly, it punishes states for doing a lot of things,” Moore said

The report drills down on economic policies in all 50 states, including:

• Top Marginal Personal Income Tax Rate

• Top Marginal Corporate Income Tax Rate

• Personal Income Tax Progressivity (change in tax liability per $1,000 of income)

• Property Tax Burden

(per $1,000 of personal income)

• Sales Tax Burden

(per $1,000 of personal income)

Estate/Inheritance Tax Levied?

• Public Employees Per 10,000

of Population (full-time equivalent)

• State Minimum Wage (federal floor is $7.25)

• Right-to-Work State?

(option to join or support a union)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!