If you could not live in America where would you live?

• Thing about mexico or costa rica is that they both have shitty laws and if you are poor you could die. If you have money the laws are meaningless. Some of the coastal properties rival the prices of American homes. I have talked to a lot of mexicans who live here. when I ask about the laws they say "what laws?" basically the laws there are for the peasants.

It is actually like that here too but.... "peasant" is a millionaire or less.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Thing about mexico or costa rica is that they both have shitty laws and if you are poor you could die. If you have money the laws are meaningless. Some of the coastal properties rival the prices of American homes. I have talked to a lot of mexicans who live here. when I ask about the laws they say "what laws?" basically the laws there are for the peasants.

It is actually like that here too but.... "peasant" is a millionaire or less.

lazs

The "what laws" are why the place sucks.

I've read and seen youtube videos of Americans who "bought" real estate" there and had it taken away. Nothing they can do. I think they have some bullshit law that gives someone YOUR property if they squat on it when you're not there. Plus, you have zero rights., No recourse.

No way in hell would I live in Mexico, or any of those other shitville countries in south America.

Besides the laws - you just will never fit in either. It would suck ass all the way around.

• Iceland.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Growing up our next door neighbor was Colombian and his woman was a lovely lady from Costa Rica. She claims we would love it there. I wouldn't mind visiting, but no way I would move there.

I know 3 people that moved there. 2 went for jobs and the third, well lets just say he needed out of the country.

The 2 that moved for jobs both made it about a year and came back. They lived in a fenced "compound" near the plant they worked at. That was near Guadalupe.

• Fit in? who cares? I live in a city that is half mexican. mostly legal. I have been around mexicans all my life. Hell... my girlfriend of 10 years was one. I didn't always fit in but did not give a shit. Couple of really close friends are mexicans.

The fact remains.... if you go there or CR to work and have no real money it sucks. If you have money you can do no wrong.

lazs

• Which instrument do you play?

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Fit in? who cares? I live in a city that is half mexican. mostly legal. I have been around mexicans all my life. Hell... my girlfriend of 10 years was one. I didn't always fit in but did not give a shit. Couple of really close friends are mexicans.

The fact remains.... if you go there or CR to work and have no real money it sucks. If you have money you can do no wrong.

lazs

I don't think so.

By fit in, I mean able to live your lifestyle. You will not have anything close to what you have here. Not even close.

It will be like living in a foreign place. Because it is. lol.

• There be demons.

Only on the North Island

You can identify an unknown force by firing one shot and judging the response.

- If the unknowns respond with precise, regimented rifle fire, they are British.

- If they respond with heavy machinegun fire, they are German.

- If nothing happens for a few minutes, then your whole position gets leveled by artillery, they are American.

- If they surrender, they're French.

:littlered

• I have dealt with the language barrier here. pretty sure I could learn spanish if immersed in it every day. How exactly do I 'fit in' here? I have never really fit in anywhere. I find friends of like minds tho and that is good enough. I don't go to the opera or the movies.... I don't even really go out to eat much.

Basically I don't fit in anywhere but I fit in everywhere.

lazs

• One advantage of the British Empire having been so great back in the day...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…h_is_an_official_language

As long as you keep to Europe and the colonies, I think you'll find that people are more alike than they are different.

Countries_with_English_as_Official_Language.png

“Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark in the hopeless swamps of the not-quite, the not-yet, and the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration for the life you deserved and have never been able to reach. The world you desire can be won. It exists.. it is real.. it is possible.. it's yours.”

―Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

• Curly... with your resources you really could live in the places I mentioned. it is a big world in America.. from Alaska to south America.. places much much different from the Your-0-trash places.

I think that one needs a certain 'street smarts' or toughness to be there maybe tho. Not the scams of the internet but the real scams desperate people do. You don't go into alleys with that hooker... for instance.

lazs

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!