300 lb child shot by police.

• kinda bad analogy .... one of the two is an inanimate object they other is a very large and dangerous animal. I would not ban pits or any large dog capable of killing a child. I only want two things. One..... I can shoot any one of em that is about to attack me or anyone around me. two... if the dog does attack an innocent person I want the owner to go to prison and be sued for everything he has and if it kills someone innocent I want the owner to be executed.

I don't know of one case where a firearm attacked anyone

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Storch. I believe you. Now.... if only there was a way that I could identify which of those fang and claw machines was well trained and harmless and which ones were just crazy mean.

lazs

• I'd say Laz is as close to getting it as anybody. If an owner acts irresponsibly with their animal they need to be held accountable. But to condemn a dog because of it's breed is just ignorant as fuck. Bad dogs are no different from bad people, they are either taught or allowed to be that way. Hopefully you get to them in time to make them better, but if you don't they need to be controlled one way or the other. I understand how some people with quivering hearts and bad experiences react in irrational ways, but then they are not to be trusted either.

"The members of Congress know, from their colleagues in Congress, that, uh, you know, the, looks like a tornado, they don't call them that anymore, that hit the crops and wetlands in the middle of the country, in Iowa and Nevada. It's just across the board,"

• kinda bad analogy .... one of the two is an inanimate object they other is a very large and dangerous animal.

The animal is only dangerous when mistreated or improperly/not trained. Dogs have an innate desire to please that can be enhanced through socialization and training.

The Dog Whisperer would tell you that proper training can overcome things like aggression that is bred into certain breeds like the English Bulldog and the Pit Bull. And he'd be right.

Dogs are individuals and each dog has it's own unique personality.

• Some years back, Barb and I were walking her babies on a 'dog beach' near St Pete FL. Had them both on leashes, (as a dozen signs prescribed ) kept noticing people with LARGE doggies weren't bothering with that. Saw that we were on a collision course with a couple such people, we drifted away from the shore, about 75' inward. Sure enough, their dog (mebbe a lab/shepard mix) broke away and sprinted right at us...we each grabbed a dog and lifted him/her off the ground (this has happened before) Fucker jumped at Barb, managed to get the chihuahua/maltese mix nearly completely in his jaw, we managed to extricate Eggbert before he got punctured. The dog's owner said OUR 7 pound dog must have provoked him, lol.

Poor little shit completely emptied his bowels a couple minutes later

• Personally I believe any "breed" that has to be trained NOT to attack and kill kids should be wiped from existence. But that's just

I'm sorry you have been so traumatized in the past. You don't normally say such stupid things.

"The members of Congress know, from their colleagues in Congress, that, uh, you know, the, looks like a tornado, they don't call them that anymore, that hit the crops and wetlands in the middle of the country, in Iowa and Nevada. It's just across the board,"

• I've owned 4 different bull breeds over the years,I have 2 now and both are types of bulldogs.One is an English bulldog and he's anything but aggressive,for over 100 years the aggression has been selectively bred out of the breed.

Any breed of dog over about 40 pounds can be dangerous and some much smaller can be also. A mini dachshund killed a kid a few years ago and it weighed about 10 pounds. I had a 90 lb bullterrier who was gentle as a lamb and would let kids do almost anything to him without a worry,when he had enough he'd just get up and move away from the kids.

The biggest problem with pits is the fact that mastif has been crossed into many lines and that has changed the breed,pits had no human aggression as it was removed from the breed because if they bit a person in the pit they had their heads looped off with an axe. But man is an idiot and mixed a very human aggressive type with the pits to make them bigger and badder and thats the result you see today.

But dont take my word on it,do some research, look up american banddogs and you will find the answers to the problem.I'm sure Mr Budreau is turning in his grave watching what has happened to his breed of choice.

• Ok... I do not expect kids walking down the street to all be dog experts and know what 'triggers' em. I don't expect people to know which huge dog capable of killing you is friendly and harmless and which one is bat shit crazy. It is very fashionable to say how it is not the dogs fault. but that is a worthless excuse for when a kid or woman is killed or maimed.

If that happens I think that a worthwhile punishment would be to throw the owner in a pit and put some large attack dogs in with em and command them to 'sic em'

Would you owners be up for that?

lazs

• Aggressive dogs don't just pop out of thin air and attack. I have never seen a dog try to bite without showing it's intention first. The only exception to this might be when a dog is threatened and looks cowed some will bite in that case but not look as though they will. If are older than 2 years old and you can't tell a dog is willing to fight you probably aren't paying attention. The signs are pretty universal among all mammals and instinct will let you know what is up.

Don't let your dog be around people it's not familiar with or people who are spooked by dogs when you aren't there. And if some one does shoot your dog beat them senseless.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!