CrookOcrats will vote for DC Statehood on Tuesday.

• Manchin said he would not vote for statehood. Not sure if he is turning more conservative or worried about losing an election or just likes to be the center of attention. most likely all three.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Yet MORE Fox made-up stuff

https://www.dailywire.com/news…rump-lawyer-rudy-giuliani

New York Times, Washington Post, NBC News All Forced To Retract False Claims About Trump Lawyer Rudy Giuliani

The biggest papers of record in the U.S. — The New York Times and The Washington Post — have been forced to retract a report about the FBI’s communication with former President Trump’s longtime lawyer Rudy Giuliani.

The Post on Thursday was the first to report that Giuliani was explicitly warned by the FBI that he was the target of a Russian effort to influence the 2020 presidential election. Citing unnamed sources — identified only as people familiar with the matter — also said the conservative news network One America News (OAN) was also warned by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

But On Saturday, the Post put out a correction noting it had removed both assertions.

“An earlier version of this story, published Thursday, incorrectly reported that One America News was warned by the FBI that it was the target of a Russian influence operation,” the correction reads. “That version also said the FBI had provided a similar warning to Rudolph W. Giuliani, which he has since disputed. This version has been corrected to remove assertions that OAN and Giuliani received the warnings,” the paper said.

The original story said Giuliani was in fact. targeted.

“The FBI became aware in late 2019 that Rudolph W. Giuliani was the target of a Russian influence operation aimed at circulating falsehoods intended to damage President Biden politically ahead of last year’s election, according to people familiar with the matter,” said the piece. “Officials planned to warn Giuliani as part of an extensive effort by the bureau to alert members of Congress and at least one conservative media outlet, One America News, that they faced a risk of being used to further Russia’s attempt to influence the election’s outcome, said several current and former U.S. officials. All spoke on the condition of anonymity because the matter remains highly sensitive.”

The Times also corrected its erroneous report. “An earlier version of this article misstated whether Rudolph W. Giuliani received a formal warning from the F.B.I. about Russian disinformation. Mr. Giuliani did not receive such a so-called defensive briefing,” The Times wrote Saturday in a correction attached to the bottom of the story.

Meanwhile, NBC News also issued a correction, claiming its reporting was based on a single source but that a second source later refuted the information.

• But the windmills were frozen. So they were at least partially to blame. I look at the bigger picture. when they don't turn they don't make juice.

lazs

The same can be said from the natural gas fails. Which was the largest single cause. Suggest before buying into what shaggy on TV has to say you look into the actual facts before spewing his buffoonery as a few people did back then as though it were fact.

The largest loss of generation came from gas-fired power plants, NOT wind. Not even close.

Part of the problem is Texas own retarded one of a kind electrical grid which doesnt allow them to import energy from other areas.

As for wind. I think the turbines are among the ugliest fucking things in modern human innovation and I sure as shit am not looking forward to seeing them off our shores as is proposed. But the fact remains that with proper maintenance they can and do work even in the coldest environments including Norway and the arctic.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse…7iUkBxnwTlI0l-XM0&irgwc=1

• Duh? since almost all the power was from gas fired plants anyway. And why is that? cause wind is not reliable.

Notice on the Rudy story that one news outlet did not have to print a retraction.... and that was FOX news.

lazs

• Up here in the frozen north all our gas lines must have what is called a drip leg. Bet they scoff at such silliness in the republic of texas. Or at least they used to.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• They probly designed theirs for a 1 in ten year event.... maybe not even that. they should be like a 1 in 20 event. Everything is fine if things are lightly loaded with lots of reserve but design flaws coupled with not much reserve is not a good thing.

lazs

• Up here in the frozen north all our gas lines must have what is called a drip leg.

Mandatory now in Austin, I put one in anyway on my gas water heater.

‘If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.’

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

• Alas... There's only so much that "heat pump" (heh) is going to do when there's extended periods of sub-freezing weather.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• The same can be said from the natural gas fails. Which was the largest single cause.

The largest single cause was persistent low temperatures in a system that was not designed for persistent low temperatures.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!