An old friend is in my shop for some restoration. B-25

• Remember this one? Toad's dad flew her in WWII.

I originally built this and sent it to Toad to give to his dad - must have been 15 years ago now. Sadly, Lt Col John ****** has since passed on.

Toad sent her back to me for some repairs - TWO freaking years ago, and I am only just now getting on it. Along with the B-25, Toad sent a new model for me to build.

I'm really excited!

I ordered some new paints online by Valajo that I'm going to try, They have great reviews. I also was able to find a COOL hobby store and I went there today. Found my long sought Tamiya paints and supplies there. Was fun! What a neat store!

Dug the airbrush out and cleaned her up.

Here I sit. Ready to put on a a clinic. :laughing

• lol Bronk! Every time I talk with him I ask and beg him to come back. I texted him when I started the thread and told him not he can stop by. "you're very consistent" was the answer. lol.

Toad is a great guy. Like him a lot. Just a really good guy. Interesting guy. I really hope he will come back. This place is much less without him.

I've been having a blast with this new model. Before I knew it it was 3.33 am! It's 60 percent done already.

The airbrush is working like a dream. I paint about 99 percent of everything with the airbrush - even small details.

The new Vallejo paints are GREAT. I say new, but they're just new to me. They're an American company and have been around since the 60's. The paint comes in eye-dropper type bottles, so you can just squeeze a few drops into the airbrush and go. They can be thinned and cleaned up with just water too. Fantastic constituency through the airbrush or brushing.

Still love the Tamiya paint too though. I drove 20 miles to get that yesterday. I know the colors and I needed to match the color for the repairs on the first model. I custom mixed the colors to "color scale" the olive drab, so this might be a challenge to remember how I mixed it and to get matched. I need to fix the canopy frame and it needs to match the body.

• I always really really liked Toad and we got along for a very long time. Where we did not get along was our views on vietnam. I may have gone off on him with his warhawk views and said that He was not a combat vet.

Soooo Combat vet. Everyone has a different idea of what that means. I basically think it means that you can see someone shooting at you and you shoot back. Others think it is a rocket landed in your vicinity.. others think that it means that you flew somewhere near where there was combat. He believed the latter. which is fine with me except my resistance to the war and the draft did not sit well with him. I figure that what I did took more courage and saved more lives than a few flights somewhere near the combat.

Curly said one time or two.. that because I did not tow the line and go... that someone else took my place and maybe died because of me. That actually may be somewhat true... my take is that because I told em to go pound sand (me and lots others) that the war ended a lot sooner ... saving shit ton of kids lives.... Oh wait.. did I say war? no.. it was a police action at the time.

Patriots do not obey bad laws... Patriots do not go to stupid senseless wars. I hold no grudge for those who did tho.. many were my friends. some thought it was patriotic but most simply were scared of big brother... there you have it.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• The man clearly had a line that he would have not allowed to be crossed, and many of us crossed it

"Where there is a free press the governors must live in constant awe of the opinions of the governed," Lord Macaulay

• Toad did more than just fly "near a combat zone". He had one of the most dangerous flying jobs during the Cold War and any mission he flew ran the risk of being shot down by Soviet fighters or SAMs.

“Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official.”

• As usual fake mexican you are full of shit. I do not think even one of the planes with his mission was ever shot down by a sam. I consider him a friend but was shocked by how he treated me. Your combat experience is way less than his tho and mirrors no games.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• As usual fake mexican you are full of shit. I do not think even one of the planes with his mission was ever shot down by a sam. I consider him a friend but was shocked by how he treated me. Your combat experience is way less than his tho and mirrors no games.

lazs

You, as always, keep proving what a dumb shit you are. Over 40 US recce planes were shot down and over 200 aircrews killed. Exact numbers will never be known as majority of these flights are still classified. There are also the planes downed and crews killed due to air collisions with the opposing interceptors, just like in 2001 when a USN EP-3 Orion and a Chinese interceptor collided while the EP-3 was on a ferret mission.

Toad and those that flew missions like his had the job of flying right on the edge of Soviet and other Communist countries' airspace in what were known as "ferret missions". Their mission was to get the the other guy to turn on his radars so the signals can be recorded and analyzed and sometimes to record scramble times of the opposing aircraft and also to record and analyze radio traffic.

I never claimed any sort of combat or military experience, I just know more about the military and its history than your draft dodging, sniveling pussy ass.

“Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official.”