Another warm one...

• CORVETTE FACTORY MAGNESIUM WHEEL SET - $600

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map)

Two (2) 8.5 X 17 and Two (2) 9.5 X 19 GM Factory MAGNESIUM (not aluminum) Corvette wheels

These were an rare and expensive option (RPO N73) on 1998 thru 2001 C5 Corvettes

They were manufactured for GM by Speedline (the Ferrari wheel supplier)

The wheels have been stripped of their original gray paint and polished

Set comes with polished center caps and uninstalled C5 decals

Takes stock lug nuts (not included)

Please call (DO NOT TEXT)

When I had a job during high school, I was helping out at the local FBO (a Piper dealer).

One of the partners there flew Mohawks in Vietnam.

One of his war stories, he tells of the time he landed in one of those steel grate runways...

crbramp.jpg

One of his main gear tires was destroyed with a bolt or something sticking out of the runway and the mag wheel caught fire during his roll out.

He held it on center line the best he could, but as airspeed dropped, he couldn't hold it on the steel and he ran off the side and buried the burning wheel in soft sand, apparently smothering the fire. (all by accident)

He said he was praised but the rest of the squadron for his quick thinking.

• LiPo fires spike that hot and carry their own oxidizer on board. WIth the size of the vehicle batteries and number of cells, they progressively fail over time so it randomly catches on fire for weeks.

I know the Chevy Volts were catching fire long after the initial crashes, is that what you mean? Cause you're making it sound like they just randomly catch fire...

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

• It's all big battery cars, and it's usually from collisions. However it's not unknown for LiPos to cook off while charging, being improperly stored, etc. Just wait for more of the cars to get on the road and you'll see the "random" fires like you do in devices already using LiPos like phones, vapes, etc.

• Thing is when one cell goes bad for whatever reason and burns it will damage neighboring cells and then you have a chain reaction the can go on for days.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• It's all big battery cars, and it's usually from collisions. However it's not unknown for LiPos to cook off while charging, being improperly stored, etc. Just wait for more of the cars to get on the road and you'll see the "random" fires like you do in devices already using LiPos like phones, vapes, etc.

The nice thing is they usually start burning very slowly, giving you time to get out of the vehicle. Not like conventional vehicles rolling around with 15-30 gallons of highly flammable liquid in them that tend to burst into flames...

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

• I think you're overreacting. Norway has the highest density of electric cars in the world. 20% of all cars in Norway are electric, and another 18% are plug-in hybrids (like the GM Volt/Opel Ampera). That's more than one in three cars on the road here. I can remember reading about one car that caught fire for no apparent reason, a Tesla, and that's some years ago. Teslas are everywhere here. Almost bought one last year, but the apartment complex I moved to doesn't have charging stations in the parking garage so it would have been pointless.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• I think you're overreacting. Norway has the highest density of electric cars in the world. 20% of all cars in Norway are electric, and another 18% are plug-in hybrids (like the GM Volt/Opel Ampera). That's more than one in three cars on the road here. I can remember reading about one car that caught fire for no apparent reason, a Tesla, and that's some years ago. Teslas are everywhere here. Almost bought one last year, but the apartment complex I moved to doesn't have charging stations in the parking garage so it would have been pointless.

Of course he is. Per capita electric car fires vs. Gasoline vehicles is staggeringly higher for gas vehicles. And the Tesla is also one of the safest vehicles ever made, period...

MNN on 6/18/19

MNN on 6/24/19

• Beans

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• mom.. thank you so much. I did as you suggested and called her back. I most likely would have anyway but when it comes to women stuff it is best to go with what a woman says.. .if that makes sense.

Anyway... bad news was that her grandma died.. my mexicans mom.. she really liked me a lot.. they are having a memorial saturday for her and lesa wanted me to go which.. i will.. we talked for quite a while and then she emailed me to say that everyone was excited to hear I was coming to the memorial...

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.