Forgotten Warbirds

• The OHP class were remarkable Grey hounds that need to be replaced. I think the USN has chosen wisely with the Constellation Class

For sure. Very happy that the Royal Canadian Navy is putting US radars (spy 7), combat systems, weapons (we have a bunch of Standard missiles in inventory from our retired Tribal class destroyers, pretty new ones too, plus ESSMs, etc etc), and so forth. Our new surface combatant will be an easy fit into USN CVN battle groups, we're going to have the USN Cooperative Engagement Capability system, and our ships will be extra nodes in the group. Good ASW systems too, good tail sonar and variable depth/etc capability. Hopefully we'll have time before fighting the Chinamen to get these ships into the fleet, making the CVN groups much tougher nuts to crack, especially from subs, which the Chinese have and are building shitloads more of so far as AIP and even some semi decent nuke boats.

One thing our ships have that is really good kit, is the helos we're running. CH148 Cyclones, US Sikorsky built on the S92 platform, they are large, great range/loiter. We have 20, and are getting more. Tragic crash near the Med last year and we lost one, but it was storm related IIRC, nothing on the bird failed. It'll carry 2 Mk50/etc torps easily and keep it's long range, plus can be outfitted to haul 20 troops.

2560px-Halifax_DSC08302_-_CF_Cyclone_-811_%2836286729876%29_%28cropped%29.jpg

• Tragic crash near the Med last year and we lost one, but it was storm related IIRC,

You remember wrong.

The FTI report is a brief summary of the circumstances and factual information known at this time. It does not provide full details surrounding the accident, which is still under investigation.

At this point, the investigation has determined the aircraft was returning from a routine surface reconnaissance mission followed by additional training (flight deck evolutions) for aircrew proficiency prior to landing on HMCS Fredericton. The helicopter had flown by the port side of the ship, from stern to bow, before making a left hand turn to establish a downwind leg in preparation for approach to the ship. The aircraft then commenced a final left turn to set-up for the approach. During this final complex manoeuvring turn to close with the ship, the aircraft did not respond as the crew would have anticipated. This event occurred at a low altitude, was unrecoverable, and the aircraft entered a high energy descent and impacted the water astern the ship.

Directorate of Flight Safety releases initial report on CH-148 Cyclone accident - Canada.ca

Trump: “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” 3:01PM Nov. 8 2013

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" ~ Abe Lincoln

tRump is the Master of the Con with 70 years of practice/experience. It is sad that so many supposedly intelligent and educated people fall for his cons.

DJ Trump: while I support the Dems, if I ran I would run as a Republican because those people are easy to fool.

• Well at least they finally got rid of the Sea Thing.

Did R&O on its instruments in the mid 70's at Sperry.

Trump: “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” 3:01PM Nov. 8 2013

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" ~ Abe Lincoln

tRump is the Master of the Con with 70 years of practice/experience. It is sad that so many supposedly intelligent and educated people fall for his cons.

DJ Trump: while I support the Dems, if I ran I would run as a Republican because those people are easy to fool.

• Milo how old are you?

Old enough that you should say SIR when talking to me.:blueflower

• Sir how old are you sir?

I will give you a hint. My Mom 3 weeks ago turned 101.

• Its disappointing you have a serious lack of wisdom to pass onto the next generation(s)

Yes, I know SON.:blueflower

• Trump obsession is a lousy way to spend your last few years

Yes spending your life obsessing over tRump is a waste, be sure.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!