PhlegmWartriors

• Actually the first shot was less than 50 yards from a rest with a scoped rifle. Some say that one missed and could have if the rifle were sighted in at 100 yards. From 45 yards from a rest.... I can not miss a gallon jug of water with a HANDGUN I probly would hit a gallon jug 5 out of six at 80 yards from a rest with a handgun. I am a terrible rifle shot but I could do the same with a Garand

The car was moving away slowly so that was not a factor. The scope was damaged after the shooting so marksmen had to compensate but they all did it.

We are left with.... could Oswald have made those shots? Of course he could. Did he fire 4 shots? yes he did (one miss maybe two) Could another shooter have fired from somewhere else? sure.... but we have zero evidence that happened. Anyone else shooting would have about a 3 times harder shot tho at a angled moving target. People in the building heard him fire the shots.... so he did fire em. The steel buttplate on the rifle had fibers from the shirt he wore that day.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Sooo.... at this point if you think it was someone else then all the evidence is against you.... You have to go on faith.

Would I be shocked if someone proved there was a second shooter? Naaa.... coulda happened. But Oswald did shoot at JFK with a scoped rifle at close range 3 or four times.

lazs

• I always have questions about events but Oswald was indeed pissed about Cuba and Kennedy. Oswald had tried to take out another politician earlier so he did have a history of it.

lazs

• 6.5 eye-Tie carcano. WW2 vintage with a 4 power cheap ass scope. You could get em mail order for around $20 for the package. The gun is extremely slick and smooth. While not ideal for 1000 yards... might I say that the hot setup in rifle calibers today is................six.....point..... five? Accuracy with a surplus carcano was about 2-3 moa... easily rivaling the Mauser. Groups at 50 yards were right around 2" or less with open sights and about an inch with a cheap ass scope.

The rifles today are not expensive https://palmettostatearmory.co…91-ts-rifle-6-5x52mm.html

lazs

• 6.5 eye-Tie carcano. WW2 vintage with a 4 power cheap ass scope. You could get em mail order for around $20 for the package. The gun is extremely slick and smooth. While not ideal for 1000 yards... might I say that the hot setup in rifle calibers today is................six.....point..... five? Accuracy with a surplus carcano was about 2-3 moa... easily rivaling the Mauser. Groups at 50 yards were right around 2" or less with open sights and about an inch with a cheap ass scope.

The rifles today are not expensive https://palmettostatearmory.co…91-ts-rifle-6-5x52mm.html

lazs

Buds had a bunch last time i was there.

• I should get one... The scope and mounts will probly cost more than the rifle. But.... that raises another question. The Oswald gun had the side mount scope. It drilled and tapped the receiver for a scope mount. This was cheap and dirty for a $20 gun and $10 scope and mount.

One thing not mentioned unless you dig deep is that this mount.... allowed you to use the iron sights if you wanted. The scope was offset. The iron sights were in line and visible. Testing with rifles in good shape and ammo that is good (Oswald used Winchester ammo not surplus) show the gun easily did 1.4" groups at 50 yards Basically you could cover even a 5 shot group with a silver dollar. This was the only rifle Oswald owned and he practiced with it.

Soooo one theory is that Oswald knew the scope was not reliable. The open sights were not adjustable until you got to 200 yards. That is common for military rifles. Some have said that he fired three shots. Two of which hit. Three casings were found. Many say that the first shot was a miss.... this was the closest range and most likely he was using the scope and going for a head shot and shot high.

My theory is that he gave up on trying to get a sight picture from the cheap ass scope at that point. I believe that he used the iron sights and gave up on the head shot. The iron sights were about 7" high at 50 yards but the second shot was maybe 70 yards? If I were him.... I would go for the iron sights and a center mass shot. I believe he aimed between the shoulders and the Impact was 7" high and hit JFK in the head. That is pretty much where the bullet and ballistics make sense. Once the point of aim for the iron sights matched the impact point? he could not miss. The reason he did not fire another 4th/fifth round was because there was no target at that point... JFK was down even tho the range was about perfect.

lazs

• My theory is that Oswald bought the gun/scope package. He took it out and practiced and was not happy with the sight picture and accuracy of the scope. "hit or miss" LOL... he learned to shoot with iron sights and was expert at 200 yards with 49 of 50 score. I am thinking he had all the time in the world for the first shot and used the scope.. when he missed? he freaked out and went to irons

Not only would they be faster to use at close range (yes 80 yards is close range for a rifle) but he was more familiar with em.

The next two shots were easy hits. He stopped because the target was down

lazs