Uber Australia VS USA.

• So I've applied for a Drivers Authorisation (a commercial drivers licence) and if I get approved (there's a couple of issues I may get hung up on, like a few demerit points and an old serious assault occasioning bodily harm charge, but if I get approved I'll be buying a newer car and registering it for booked hire and I'll be working again.

What's the regs for Uber in the USA -gg- ?

Here you need to have your vehicle under 10 years old and in good clean condition, registered for booked hire and not private use, and full comprehensive insurance for the same purpose.

You also need to have the Drivers Authority, which involves a full medical and police check.

I heard it's not so strict in the USA?

Absinthe makes the tart grow fonder.

Celebrating those happy times when the penis is an internal organ.

• When I drove, you needed the 10 year or newer vehicle, commercial insurance and the car had to pass their inspection. I think a background check too

The vehicle could be any personal vehicle. No other special license or requirements

• an old serious assault occasioning bodily harm charge

If they won't let you have it because of that they are probably excluding about 50% of the Australian male population over 40

You can identify an unknown force by firing one shot and judging the response.

- If the unknowns respond with precise, regimented rifle fire, they are British.

- If they respond with heavy machinegun fire, they are German.

- If nothing happens for a few minutes, then your whole position gets leveled by artillery, they are American.

- If they surrender, they're French.

:littlered

• The last serious assault was only 2 years ago though.

I send 3 security guards to hospital, but due to the circumstances I even had the prosecution on my side. They wanted no conviction and 6 months probation I got no conviction and 12 months.

Previously I have 2x assault police and one damage police property (threw a cop through the back window of his car) but those were almost 20 years ago

• I was suffering from severe migraines, with a full photophobia reaction and these ass holes came in, turned on the light and threw open the curtains and gave me a face full of light and I don't remember anything after that. All I know is the attending police wanted nothing to do with it and declined to take me to the station, and I had to be sedated and picked up by my ex wife.

The cops? Well I was in a bad place at that point of my life, and I probably subconsciously trying to get shot.

• Here in Russia you have to be a Tajik shepherd from Mountain-Badakhshan at Afghan border, where the first wheel they saw was on a Soviet airplane. You buy a Tajik driver's lisence and come to Moscow competing with sad Russians from Kaluga who come here on weekends sleeping in their cars. You have an advantage - you sleep in an apartment house basement with 100+ other Tajiks, "Sleep faster! Your comrade needs a pillow too!"