Ok. On a more pleasant note. What would one of these be worth?

• I like Ardbeg but don't recall having "drum". I do have half a bottle of Lagavulin that's a few months old. Son is visiting soon. It probably won't last beyond his visit.

Ever tried Ben Nevis Scotch?

Christmas gift from my BIL a couple years ago. Very tasty stuff with a mild burn on the back end.

Drop the brick Rick, it ain't no trick, get yourself free.

"It's no longer our job to wake the sheep. It's time to wake the other lions."

giphy.gif

• LOl... some great comments. I have my grandfathers 22 Ruger pistol... I don't even like Ruger 22 pistols but I will never sell it. I shoot it now and then but don't really care for it. It is a late 1950's model.

Elphin one... with Scotch there are basically two kinds in my opinion... you have your 'smokey/peaty' and your 'fruity' I like the peat smoke the best. McCallans 12 is in my opinion the best balance. My buddie had JW Blue.. high buck.. we drank the whole bottle me and him and another guy... great stuff. 12 year old is a nice cuttoff 15 year old is way more expensive with not much return. I missed out on tasting a 25 year old McCallan they said it was good.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• I had a bottle of Stolichnaya last me 12 years before I dumped the remaining 1/3rd. liquor doesnt go bad unless it is mixed with something foreign.

Even then it's not the liquor that goes bad, it's the other stuff. Bailey's Irish Creme for instance, it's the Irish Creme part that goes bad.

giphy.gif

• You guys better watch your step, the next knock on your door could be the delivery of an ass whooping.

Remember his story about sucker punching that dude that long dicked his gf like years later? Just blindsides the guy and then slinked back into the crowd, what a guy. LOL

• LMAO!

Who was it that drew "I like dicks" or some shit on that picture he posted of his kid? He was gonna kick EVERYONE'S ass for that.

LOL, I remember that. It was a prom photo and someone drew "I like the cock" or some shit. Dam, I want to say it was someone like Mrfish or GTO, but I'm not sure.

• The hot tub pics and carpeted garage were the things I could not get behind.

ON THE OTHER HAND When he started to handload ammo for several interesting firearms we discussed what he was doing. He was extremely meticulous and kept great records with computer targets. Problem was he would not listen to my advice. Now... I am no 'expert' but I have loaded... well.. million? millions? of rounds so I got the basic shit pretty much down. 'this works... this never works' sort of thing. He would not listen to what I said but at the same time asked me why the shit he did that was what I told him he did not do or should not have done somehow came out badly.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• LOl... some great comments. I have my grandfathers 22 Ruger pistol... I don't even like Ruger 22 pistols but I will never sell it. I shoot it now and then but don't really care for it. It is a late 1950's model.

Elphin one... with Scotch there are basically two kinds in my opinion... you have your 'smokey/peaty' and your 'fruity' I like the peat smoke the best. McCallans 12 is in my opinion the best balance. My buddie had JW Blue.. high buck.. we drank the whole bottle me and him and another guy... great stuff. 12 year old is a nice cuttoff 15 year old is way more expensive with not much return. I missed out on tasting a 25 year old McCallan they said it was good.

lazs

I like Scotch with peat but the peat needs to compliment the other flavors and not overwhelm them in order for me to enjoy it and I've experienced both. Ardbeg and Kilchomann distilleries are two that do a fine job of using the peat/smoke to compliment their whiskys.

JW Blue? I've had that too, damn good stuff. Very smooth with a light peat/smoke flavor.

Make no mistake, Macallan 12 is a good whisky especially @ $50-$60 a bottle. Hard to beat that price-quality combo especially if you have some daily or nearly so. I've heard from others that the 15 year isn't really worth it but the 18 year is. I haven't tried that one yet either.

I just looked up Macallan 25 year. Wow. I wonder how it compares to Rare Cask?

I got to try a $600 bottle of Rip Van Winkle one time. Yes please! That was some tasty stuff.

giphy.gif

• Isn't JW blue label like $300 a bottle? I tried getting one of our vendors to buy me a bottle years ago.

• Isn't JW blue label like $300 a bottle? I tried getting one of our vendors to buy me a bottle years ago.

Around here I've seen it on sale for $170 and as high as $240 but I think my BIL got his bottle for $160.

giphy.gif