Ok. On a more pleasant note. What would one of these be worth?

• I found that bottle of Ardbeg Drum in Nashville when we went there for my daughter's wedding. We took my brother in law to a liquor store and he damn near pissed himself when he saw the stuff sitting on the shelf. Five bottles of it. He bought two and I went back and got mine after I tasted his.

This stuff was a limited edition (Ardbeg releases at least one limited edition a year) and it sold out pretty quickly. It was only on the shelf because of certain rules in the liquor industry, it had been reserved but never picked up and the store had to hold it for a certain amount of time. We likely saw it the same day it was put on the shelf.

Drop the brick Rick, it ain't no trick, get yourself free.

"It's no longer our job to wake the sheep. It's time to wake the other lions."

giphy.gif

• JW black is pretty good but McCallans is the best. what is funny is that I bought a bottle of some crap called 'Piperdean' that is blended Scotch and goes for around $15 for the giant bottle.... truth is? it is on a par with several high end whiskeys I have tasted. I tried 'Red Breast' at a buddies house and had never had it. he gave me two glasses. one with it another with some Costco cheap whiskey.... I got it right but just barely.

lazs

I think Knappagogue Castle 16 year old Twin Wood is significantly better than Red Breast.

The Macallan 12 year is a pretty good scotch but if you ever get the chance to try Macallan Rare Cask, do it. My brother in law has a bottle. He also has a bottle of Johnny Walker Ghost and Rare both of which are significantly better than Macallan 12. The Ghost and Rare....smoooooooooth.

If you haven't tried a rye, or if you have and like rye whiskey then try a bottle of Whistle Pig 10 year. My brother in law got me a bottle of Whistle Pig for my birthday this year. Very tasty rye.

giphy.gif

• I have my great grandfather's watch from about 1880 or so. A few other little things but not much else. It's the last thing I'd ever sell.

Might buy a Keltec or something LOL.

I have a 16 ga side by side double from my grandfather.

giphy.gif

• My deer rifle was my grandfathers. I'd sell every other gun I have (including the FA) and still not even consider selling it.

You've said far more about selling your grandfather's stuff than I ever will.

giphy.gif

• I had a bottle of Stolichnaya last me 12 years before I dumped the remaining 1/3rd. liquor doesnt go bad unless it is mixed with something foreign.

“Everyone should do all in his power to collect and disseminate the truth, in the hope that it may find a place in history and descend to posterity. History is not the relation of campaigns and battles and generals or other individuals, but that which shows the principles for which the South contended and which justified her struggle for those principles. ” - Robert E. Lee