Where does America go from here?

• The Supreme Court can make no law. They gave themselves the right to strike down a law as being unconstitutional but they still have no authority to make any law, ever.

• They interpret law. This is extremely powerful.

200+ years of precedent enumerates how powerful.

Marbury v Madison, Texas v White, Roe v Wade, McCullogh v Maryland, Brown v BOE, Gideon v Wainwright, DC v Heller...

How many state and federal laws are no longer in existence because of a SC decision? I counted at least 80 just since 2000.

• The problem I have with the way laws have been overturned by the scrotus is that when a law is nullified it seems the counter is automatically assumed to be law.

• And for fuck's sake- don't the Republicans own the judiciary? Isn't that one of Trump's greatest accomplishments?

Surely one of those 200 lawsuits would've been waived through by a Trump-judge.

You're just pissed that those judges aren't willing to break the law like Trump does.

• The problem I have with the way laws have been overturned by the scrotus is that when a law is nullified it seems the counter is automatically assumed to be law.

Maybe your automatic assumptions are repeatedly wrong when carefully deliberated in court.

• You keep using the word "fact." It does not mean what you think it means.

Educate yourself on the difference between Fact and Opinion. Then maybe you'll graduate from "Amateur Americanologist" status.

Arguing with him is pointless as he doesn't understand how basic constitutional principles like "what is not forbidden is allowed and what is not allowed is forbidden" apply to our system of laws. Or how the Supremacy clause applies even though I linked information that explained it quite clearly.

He tried to say a SC decision that was the result of action Congress took under an enumerated power to mean the government has powers that are not enumerated in the Constitution outside of this particular decision. Allowing that sort of thing gives the government sweeping new powers it was never intended to have.

How many times have I and others posted links over the years showing the Star of the West was carrying arms, ammunition and troops in addition to other mundane supplies? And would you trust them to NOT offload everything? I damn sure wouldn't have. I wouldn't have trusted Bloody Abe as far as I could throw him.

The Confederacy could have won if it had a higher population base and more/better weapons. They had the best generals and soldiers at the start of hostilities, they just didn't have enough of them otherwise the war would have been a decisive win for the South and over very quickly.

• Damn... that was harsh of me.

Yeah they don't have em over there

You can identify an unknown force by firing one shot and judging the response.

- If the unknowns respond with precise, regimented rifle fire, they are British.

- If they respond with heavy machinegun fire, they are German.

- If nothing happens for a few minutes, then your whole position gets leveled by artillery, they are American.

- If they surrender, they're French.

:littlered

• You guys are all saying pretty much the same thing but in different wasy. The SC does not make laws. It checks to see if existing ones are constitutional. It really is that simple.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• The scrotus overturned a state law denying same sex marriage. It was then assumed that everyone everywhere must support same sex marriage in every way. Cancelling a law as unconstitutional does not automatically create a law counter to that denied.

• Wouldn't this be interesting if true.

I also saw a YT video last night that says there was another huge WikiLeaks dump a few days ago but I can't find anything on it.

• No way she could be hunter biden stupid on that laptop! I did hear about the info dump tho from wiki.... no info tho at this point.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• You keep using the word "fact." It does not mean what you think it means.

Educate yourself on the difference between Fact and Opinion. Then maybe you'll graduate from "Amateur Americanologist" status.

You misinterpret my use of the word "fact."

It is a fact that supreme court opinions have the rule of law.

People are in, or are let out of, jail due to this fact.

Supreme court opinions are in fact real and exist, you can look them up.

It is also a fact that an opinion of what the Supreme Court should have done carries no weight at all.

If you disagree with a SC Opinion, you are free to petition them to hear your arguments. Maybe you can convince them or their error(s).

Until then, SC opinions exist, and that's a fact.

One opinion is, in fact, that unilateral secession is not allowed.

• my agents sent me a wikileak link a few days ago, dont know how old it is, I havent had a chance to go through it. It has what is allegedly Steve Jobs hiv positive medical records in it among a zillion other things