Poppin Smoke

• Why you gotta be so mean all the time?

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• I still have a substantial callus on my index finger from scrolling through his ramblings.

Before COVID my wife and I would visit old folks that were flagged as having 0 visitors and just spend time with them. They loved to talk about their life, just needed someone to listen. Maybe that’s what he needed.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• I still have a substantial callus on my index finger from scrolling through his ramblings.

Before COVID my wife and I would visit old folks that were flagged as having 0 visitors and just spend time with them. They loved to talk about their life, just needed someone to listen. Maybe that’s what he needed.

He could slow up evelyn wood

• He could slow up evelyn wood

I can tear through a 600 page Tom Clancy book in about 6 hours but I couldn’t get through his posts before losing interest.

• The speed reading courses we took in school were actually EW based. I think that some of the stuff she taught has been debunked a bit.

I hit like 800 wpm in a few of the tests with good comprehension but other tests that should have been the same? I was lucky to hit 500 wpm. we all stumble on certain phrases or words. None of us can read a technical work with any kind of speed but... slow down to say 200 wpm and i have to actually read out loud or my mind will wander.

The other thing is that I like words.... buzzing along and someone says 'you and your ilk' damn.. I pause to put that one to memory. Something with no imagination or humor or anything new to me? I can power through that shit.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Razer... I bet you read at about the same speed I do. realistically for most stuff? 400-500 wpm? My mom reads a book a day.

In my opinion.... I read at around 350 wpm most of the time. if I read much faster it is not enjoyable... if I read much slower.... I find my mind wandering. You know... like when you read 3 pages and you can't remember anything on em?

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Possibly. No idea how many WPM I read but tests showed my comprehension around 68% in school, high enough to get me into a few special programs the California school system offered back then. Probably helped me to finish HS as a junior. But that was a long time ago. Nowadays I can’t remember simple things like the location of the tape measure I was just using or why I’m standing in the kitchen.

• Did he take his ball?

Callous.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!