Random photo of the day

• May 18, 1953, Jacqueline Cochran, flying a CF-86 Sabre at Edwards AFB,

CF-86?

Trump: “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” 3:01PM Nov. 8 2013

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" ~ Abe Lincoln

tRump is the Master of the Con with 70 years of practice/experience. It is sad that so many supposedly intelligent and educated people fall for his cons.

DJ Trump: while I support the Dems, if I ran I would run as a Republican because those people are easy to fool.

• Yes, she flew a Canadair-built Sabre.

CF-86 is not a Canadian designation. CL-13 is tho.

Because the USAF refused to loan her a Sabre to conduct her tests...

At times the USAF could be a ass....

The Canuck Sabre was better.

Trump: “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” 3:01PM Nov. 8 2013

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" ~ Abe Lincoln

tRump is the Master of the Con with 70 years of practice/experience. It is sad that so many supposedly intelligent and educated people fall for his cons.

DJ Trump: while I support the Dems, if I ran I would run as a Republican because those people are easy to fool.

• The very best of the mark. The Orenda 10 to 14 Canadair Sabres were the best day fighters of that generation

Canada also built under license the best version of the F5 fighter too (until the F20 came along obviously). The Canadair CF5 variant was widely considered the best version of that generation of F5s. I grew up for a few years on a base that operated them, had a lot of family friends that flew it. Great little jet. One of the private military jet companies that does red air contract stuff even picked up 4 or 5 of them and a bunch of extra engines/parts back in 2013 and still flies them I think.

Canadair_CF_116_CF-5A_Freedom_Fighter.JPG

• Shades of Strike Commander.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The hoser red air contractor is now flying F-16A models acquired from Israel. One of the a/c was used in the raid on the Iraqi nuclear reactor site.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-w…-jet-has-taken-to-the-sky

A friend of mine from back in high school, retired from the RCAF fairly recently, and worked for this Top Aces and another private testing company too after he retired. He had 3000+ hours in the CF188 Hornet, Gripen, F16 (USAF exchange), and Superhornet (USN exchange). Also graduated from Empire test pilot school, and has flown 50+ types total, including 7 different NATO fighters (3 or 4 of them at Empire school IIRC). Also had several hundred hours combat time. Top Aces is based here in Canada, and there are several other pretty switched on companies doing this, some with Mirage variants, and a pile of other retired/etc fighters and trainers. Pretty cool beans.

Top Aces has modified A4N Skyhawks, they put AESA radars in that little nose, and have a hopped up engine as well. That'd be an awesome aircraft to fly IMO. Alpha Jets, some sort of Biz Jet, and the F16s now make up a pretty capable little fleet.

• Quite a few defense blogs/sites have been covering the Spike NLOS since its started being used on US Army AH64s. Not sure if that's a Brit or Israeli, or even US Apache in that pic GScholz. Good stuff, the Spike is a serious fuck you weapon, huge range. The US Army tested it just a few months ago from the E model AH64s, and got hits at 32,000 meters. That's pretty insane considering the range of the Hellfires, which is still very good.

• A friend of my kid who had a tragic home life moved into our home in his eighth grade. He's not my son but calls me Dad and the celt mom. Joined the USMC straight out of highschool. He spent two years teaching hand to hand at Parris Island then school then six years working on AH-1Z.

He works for a helo company out here.

He loves those aircraft

• A friend of my kid who had a tragic home life moved into our home in his eighth grade. He's not my son but calls me Dad and the celt mom. Joined the USMC straight out of highschool. He spent two years teaching hand to hand at Parris Island then school then six years working on AH-1Z.

He works for a helo company out here.

He loves those aircraft

That's a great story to share Storch, you and your wife should be very proud of both what you did, and what your adopted son has done with his life. My grandparents on my dad's side did similar things, took in kids who needed help, at least a couple, plus their own 10 children. More solid people need to be in the business of helping out kids in trouble.

I love the AH1 too, I can't wait for the module to come out in DCS for it as well.

• We didn't adopt him. He just moved in. The dad was a womanizer the mom a poor sick woman. Dad came home mom shot him then herself. Kid was with his grandmother where he was mostly anyway. He was a classmate with my son because she lived across the lake from us and they used that address to get him at better school. That same year we began homeschooling utilizing the Abecka system. The two boys would canoe from our house to his gmaws and back. Gmaw died in 2011. They were twenty or twenty one. They are meals at one place or the other depending who made steak or burgers. They both attended the same dojo on our dime.

It was no burden. They've grown apart but he still visits and calls.

He's a good man and a great dad.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!