Random photo of the day

• They are more than enough for us at our level but have you shopped for one lately? There was a serious looking bike on display with an integral frame shock for $5K. FIVE THOUSAND. For a damn bike? YGBSM. Then the salesman overheard me remarking to my wife about it and told me to look at the silver one in the window. $10,300. For a bike. These city folks just give their money away. Crazy.

Anyway, we will go off road in two weeks at Tannehill Park on the Cannonball trail. Looking forward to it, I forgot how much I love to ride.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Rails to trails north of town provided us with a nice ride, not too difficult for a first timer, wife hasn’t ridden a bike in years. I ride one at work every day with 75 pounds of tools in the back but a two wheeler is quite different, took a minute to get the balance right. This will be our thing every two weeks now.

5BA24698-3AED-4317-8D80-3B2649909F0E.png

where that be??? what state and area? there is a ride from Nevada capitol to Ely that is supposed to be good/enjoyable...

OOPS was thinkin motorcycle LOL my bad... let's blame all politicians OK?

Dietrich Bonhoeffer: “Silence in the face of evil is itself evil. God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”

Presbyterian Rev. Gilbert Tennant:

“He that suffers his life to be taken from him by one who has no authority for that purpose, when he might preserve it by defense, incurs the Guilt of self murder since God has enjoined him to seek the continuance of his life, and Nature itself teaches every creature to defend itself.”

• Disc brakes with hydraulic actuators take some getting used to. I damn near went over the handlebars a few times. It was like a horse stopping in a cartoon. If I lived further north we would check out the rails to trails up that way that crosses the country entirely.

When we are ready there is a trail that goes from Anniston (an hour away) to Atlanta. I’ll get someone to drop us off and pick us up, not riding back on that one.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Disc brakes with hydraulic actuators take some getting used to. I damn near went over the handlebars a few times. It was like a horse stopping in a cartoon. If I lived further north we would check out the rails to trails up that way that crosses the country entirely.

When we are ready there is a trail that goes from Anniston (an hour away) to Atlanta. I’ll get someone to drop us off and pick us up, not riding back on that one.

Mostly I just HATE dealing with the frikkin shoes. Slightest warp to the rim....

• I took a spin last year on a $2k USD ebike from a builder close to my pop's place, Biktrix. It had a motor that was unlocked to 1000w and would peak out around 1500 he told me, and with the higher end battery option that it had installed was good for 35mph indicated on the speed thing with max power assist on. You could even just hit the throttle button and not pedal at all like a lazy bastard and it would do 30 to 32 mph on its own, and could for over 25 miles the shop owner told us.

Bike was heavy as hell though, IIRC it was over 80 lbs due to the motor, battery, and oversize fat bike tires. Great off road or in snow though I bet, but I'd never get used to that weight.

• We looked at the motor assisted bikes, too pricey, but I bet they would pay for themselves on a really long ride.

• There are some hellacious hills around Anniston. Going down them is one thing, going up is a different animal altogether.

Not really. I mean you would think that with all the hills there but the max grade is found at 27.5 miles and it’s 5% for 1/10 mile. The rest of the trail is between 0 and 3%.

DAA7E030-E2DC-4701-8502-BFD2D81A343D.jpeg

• Trains don’t like grades, probably why they did that.

• The plan is a car swap. A friend is going to drop us off then continue to the other end. He and his wife will head west and meet us on the trail at a camp site and give me the keys. Once we reach the end we will come back and get them using his truck. Might be next year before we do it but I’m hoping for early November when the leaves are turning. My wife loves that.

• I really want to get a beach cruiser bike

Ae nearly did at $300 a pop but we’ve no where to put them.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!