Random photo of the day

• We put in a box last year for the first time after using PO boxes for many years. I went to the post office and asked them if they needed to send a surveyor out to tell me where to put it and they said no, just let us know where you put it. Seemed way more laid back than what I was expecting.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• Miniature one.. you are not wrong about state by state.. There is no way my.. or any of my neighbors mailboxes could be reached by a person in a truck.. the fucking sidewalks are wider than that. The boxes at the end of high end areas are 15 boxes in one for a block.. they require a key for one thing and they can not be reached from a truck.

Not to say that you are not well versed on the local laws for your small part of Oregon.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• USPS is federal, lazs. No matter the mailbox, they set the standards. No local municipality owns that. Locals own managing the common space, but USPS owns everything about the mail box.

• My mailbox was deemed 1.5” too low by my carrier and I got a nasty gram. I showed up in my work shirt, Post Office ET-10 apparel but it didn’t help. I had to raise it up if I wanted to get mail at home.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Capt LinkyLink strikes again.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Amazon been creepin...

• Want to see anyone try and take down mine.

Rock-Ribbed Capitalist

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot - Mark Twain

TWAT on 10/14/2019 :

Lemme say that again... I don't care. If. The accusations against Trump. Are factual. Or not.

• My mailbox was deemed 1.5” too low by my carrier and I got a nasty gram. I showed up in my work shirt, Post Office ET-10 apparel but it didn’t help. I had to raise it up if I wanted to get mail at home.

Why couldn't they have just hired a shorter mail carrier? You get your mail and a little person gets a job.