Random photo of the day

• Half car ferry and cargo ship. Half cruise ship. Sails from Bergen to Kirkenes near Russia in the north and back again. A number of ships sail this route so that every port along the coast gets one northbound and one southbound call each day. Takes about a week each way. Back in the old days this costal steamer service was the only form of transport available for many remote towns along the coast. They've been operating for 125 years. Now they mostly carry tourists.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Lots of Germans and Frenchmen onboard, and the odd Brit and American. Pensioners mostly...

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Which King Harald is it named after: Hardraada...or some lesser king with the same name?

Coercive collective action in the name of the greater good not only is immoral—who decides who has the gun?—it also is destructive of human happiness and ruinous of human potential.

• Cruise ferry? never heard of one.... or were you saying that you were the cruise fairy?

lazs

Hell we even have a couple of those here in snowbear land.

https://www.lake-express.com/

https://www.ssbadger.com/

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

Chump is going to tote an ass kicking nov 2020

MNN on 11/14/19

fact is it is within a year of the election, the Senate will not allow him to appoint her successor. Nov 2020 he will lose.

• My wife's mother's family was from the fan du lac area of Wisconsin and they took the Badger many times before the cost increased enough to make the trip up and over more appealing.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• My wife's mother's family was from the fan du lac area of Wisconsin and they took the Badger many times before the cost increased enough to make the trip up and over more appealing.

We usually go to the Dells for spring break but it's not running that early. And when I checked the prices I kinda got sticker shock.

MNN on 6/18/19

"chump will assuredly lose 2020 barring an event that cancels the election - he just cant keep his scummy yankee mouth shut"

MNN on 6/24/19

MNN on 11/14/19

fact is it is within a year of the election, the Senate will not allow him to appoint her successor. Nov 2020 he will lose.

• This Annastesia chick, she a hooker?

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Well it looks as if someone got fucked.

MNN on 6/18/19

MNN on 6/24/19

MNN on 11/14/19

• Luckily they decided you were still productive enough to live.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• Well it looks as if someone got fucked.

Why? Because he hadn't yet made his deductible? It isn't like deductibles are secret.

Brauno in a previous life, followed by LTARget. E25280 on the Forum.

SWtarget in last AH in game incarnation.

"Proudly drawing fire so my brothers may pass unharmed."

Brauno in World of Tanks.

"What is, is. What was, will be. What will be, was, but will be again." - Horseshack from Welcome Back Kotter